Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
The AWS Training and Certification (T&C) organization is seeking a driven, talented, and experienced Principal, Strategy & Planning to work closely with our leadership team, leading rhythm-of-the-business and business planning activities in a global organization.
The ideal candidate will be an exceptional writer and editor who exhibits sound business judgment, a proven ability to influence others, and strong analytical skills. This individual must be a critical thinker who can formulate a clear point of view on complicated issues and create well-structured narratives to express it. He/she will also be highly data-driven in their approach to writing. This is the right role for someone with the drive to take ownership of complex tasks and projects, react effectively to dynamic challenges in a fast-paced, high intensity environment, and independently prioritize their activity to deliver the results that our globally expanding business needs.
Key job responsibilities
• Support the global business planning process and the operational cadence of activities, including quarterly and monthly business reviews
• Write and deliver regular cadence executive-level presentations against stated annual objectives
• Work closely with senior leadership team to have finger on the pulse of the growing global organizational goals and quickly identify strengths and opportunities
• Design, build, and own reports on key metrics that provide leadership with insights into organizational performance
• Articulate in writing a plan with deliverables, timelines and a formal tracking process to meet program objectives
• Conduct ad-hoc analysis, and support related projects as needed
• Work with stakeholders and finance and own the annual planning process for global programs
• Utilize exceptional communication skills to manage leadership reviews, team meetings, and post briefing debriefs.
• Participate in special projects/recruiting initiatives as needed
A day in the life
As cloud technologies continue to transform businesses, skilled individuals are in high demand. At AWS Training and Certification (T&C), we are passionate about revolutionizing the way people advance their cloud skills and careers. We equip diverse builders of today and tomorrow with the knowledge they need to leverage the power of the AWS Cloud. Join our dynamic, fast-growing team and help us empower our customers to build cloud skills.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded employee and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
About the team
The Strategic Business Planning team manages Annual Business Planning and Rhythm-of-the-Business activities for AWS T&C. We work with all T&C teams to develop and maintain flexible mechanisms that enable the flow of quality, relevant and timely business updates and communication. We provide program management for strategic initiatives and support for T&C leadership meetings, including customer meetings and business reviews with T&C leadership.
• 8+ years of experience in marketing or sales or sales enablement
• 5+ years of experience building, executing and scaling cross-functional programs
• 5+ years of experience working with broad groups of stakeholders, including senior leadership
• Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills, with the ability to be clear, concise, and respectful in communications with executives
• Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or relevant field
• Experience working within a high-growth technology company, in the field of training or enablement
• Experience working with C-suite clients in a technology setting
• Understanding of cloud computing concepts and/or AWS technology solutions
• An effective multi-tasker who navigates a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with grace and efficiency.
• Excellent at creating and maintaining working relationships across all levels and disciplines, receptive to feedback and input from others, and quick to apply changes.
• Familiarity with sales methodologies and value-based selling
• Thrives in an ambiguous environment and can independently remove blockers and make decisions quickly and autonomously
• Demonstrates success in creating and delivering on KPIs
• Excellent MS Excel skills and experience with data visualization software (e.g., Tableau)
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $98,700 – 135,700/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Pursuant to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.