Mattel creates innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain, and develop children through play.
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER.
It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
In this position you will be part of the Mattel Benelux and Nordics Marketing Team located in Amstelveen- Netherlands.
What Your Impact Will Be:
- Define the brand strategy for the BENELUX market, whilst incorporating the global brand identity for your range. You will team up with the Regional Marketing Team and other stakeholders to streamline your approach.
- You will be responsible of defining a line architecture and of selecting the best products to fit in, making sure to align with the wider European directions and merging local nuances and needs. This follows a bi-annual set-up and pricing for your markets.
- Combine other relevant figures (sales data, market trends, etc.) and use market NPD insights (when available) as a basis for your marketing strategy
- You will also partner with our Digital team, to combine your market knowledge with their online expertise, for optimal presence of your brands on the web.
- You will manage relationships with our external agencies for the localization of the materials needed to run the marketing campaigns
- You will be expected to continuously measure your brands success by tracking KPI’s (e.g. sales trend) and adjust your strategy as required.
- Responsible for pricing (following Regional guidelines) and quotas in conjunction with sales (P&L, margin, forecasting).
- Select the line by channel/customer and manage product information, validate translations and localization of creative assets
- Manage local A&P budget
- Responsible for presentations to Retail during Trade Fairs.
What We’re Looking For: ·
- Digital Marketing understanding ( digital funnel, social media, etc)
- Great analytical and tactical skills, ability to respond quickly to change.
- Collaborative partner to both internal and external customers.
- interest in the toy industry and Mattel brands is a must.
- You are motivated, enthusiast and determined, looking for other points of view and you know how to get things done..
- Managing different brands to perfection may not always be easy, so in order to accomplish your most important goals, you will need to be able to set priorities and push back where necessary. A great high-level overview and solid project management skills will be essential in this respect.
- Flexible and determined approach to your work is vital.
- Positive can-do-will-do attitude
Education & Experience:
- Masters’ degree, preferably in Marketing.
- Fluency in English including excellent communication and writing is a must; French, Dutch, or Nordic language is a bonus.
- 5 Years of experience in a Marketing role, preferably within FMCG, licensed consumer good, apparel- or beauty industry.
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.