As a world leader in premium spirits, Beam Suntory inspires human connections.
Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world’s third largest leading premium spirits company … where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets – our premium spirits and our people – we’re driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.
Marketing Director, West
The following position is open in California, United States.
What makes this a great opportunity?
- This position is a critical leadership role, strategically building our full portfolio of brands at the regional and local level in a dynamic West GBU.
- This position will be a natural progression and training ground for future positions in NA Brand Marketing, NA Commercial Marketing, Regional Brand Marketing or Sales.
- This position reports to Senior Director Marketing- West GBU and works closely with Sales Leadership and General Sales Manager.
The Marketing Director leads the team and is directly responsible for market-level planning, development, and execution of our regional strategy. A key member of the West GBU leadership team responsible for delivering the highest quality programs and execution, to drive planned Volume, NSV, DGP, and distribution growth for the region. This includes directing strategic local and national programs, negotiating, and executing local sponsorships, partnerships, and key strategic relationships.
This role is responsible for planning, executing, and the forecast accuracy of local state’s $25-$30MM budget depending on region. Cross-functional leadership of key stakeholders, Regional Brand, Local Sales, Finance, and distributor teams is critical to ensuring appropriate input and alignment. The function is responsible for ensuring that sales and distributor teams are educated and inspired about brand strategy, innovation, consumer targets and executing programming with excellence.
The Marketing Director owns the process and framework for State Planning and leads team of Marketing Managers to build plans that are on brand, locally relevant, and drive volume. The role has ongoing accountabilities for all the day-to-day management of the state-level marketing plans and their execution, leading communication with regional brand teams, local sales, and distributor teams.
- Role owns oversight of market-level budgets, ensuring aligned touchpoint investment and proper phasing, forecasting, and processing of Brand Investment.
- Role ensures market-fed intel is shared up from the Regional Brand leads and centrally where only National resources are in place
- Role ensures our distributor-led communication and initiatives (i.e., education, incentive plans) have a clear and robust marketing support plan in place.
- Leads a team of 2 Sr Marketing Managers, 1 Marketing Manager, 2 Associate Marketing Managers, and 1 Marketing Specialist, helping them navigate and optimize core processes and deliverables across the region. Partner with other GBU’s to share best practices and collaborate on programming.
The Marketing Director role must champion diversity and inclusion within team and with the consumer cohorts we are targeting.
Key stakeholders of this role include Sr. Marketing Director, Sales Directors, General Manager, Regional Brand Leads and in/direct reports (Marketing Managers, Associate Marketing Managers Multi-Cultural and Associate Marketing Managers, Brand Investment Analyst).
Qualifications & Experience
- Commercial Leadership & Acumen Experience: 8+ years of experience, preferably Commercial Marketing, Field Marketing, Trade Development or Brand Marketing
- Alcohol beverage industry experience preferred
- Strong influence, communication, presentation, and organizational skills a must as well as experience with effective cross-functional teams
- People Management Skills & Experience
- Financial Acumen: Field BI Budget Management
- Must be proficient in MS Office, Salesforce, and SAP
- Up to 30% travel
At Beam Suntory, people are our number one priority, and we believe our people grow together in diverse and inclusive environments where their unique insights, experiences and backgrounds are valued and respected. Beam Suntory is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, military veteran status and all other characteristics, attributes or choices protected by law. All recruitment and hiring decisions are based on an applicant’s skills and experience.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles