Facebook is the largest social media network, enabling over a billion users to openly connect with friends and family, share content, and discover the world.
Meta’s Public Policy Team is looking for a Safety Policy Manager to work with our Latam Head of Safety Policy in tandem with our public policy, communications and campaigns teams for the LATAM region in analysing, responding to and strategically managing safety policy issues and programmatic responses in the region as part of the company’s global safety efforts.Successful candidates will have the skills and experience to identify and analyse safety policy risks and issues across the areas of online child safety, women’s safety and/or mental health and wellbeing, and develop and execute effective responses. Successful candidates should have a strong background and interest in online safety policy, the proven ability to evaluate the public and safety policy implications of our policies, products and features, a proficiency in presenting publicly to a variety of audiences including policymakers, ability to build needed relationships with key advocacy groups, policymakers, academics, and researchers.Candidates should be dedicated, detail oriented, creative, resourceful, analytical, and knowledgeable about technology policy issues, with excellent writing and presenting skills, and experience in developing and personally executing high-profile technology, corporate and/or political campaign efforts, including events and strategic programs.This is a full-time position, preferably based in Brazil. However the location is potentially flexible for the right candidate.
Safety Policy Manager, LATAM Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the LATAM safety policy team to Identify and analyse safety policy risks, trends, and issues in the LATAM region, especially in Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Colombia and Peru, and share learnings with teams involved in policy mission across the company to aid in strategic planning and response to local regulatory initiatives and influence policy in coordination with local policy leads in each market
- Provide feedback to the global team on the potential impact within the LATAM region of our policies, products, and features, ensuring regionally specific safety issues are appropriately considered in their development, and assist with landing of the these products, policies and features among policymakers, thought leaders, advocates and civil society in LATAM.
- Assist in the development, maintenance, and deepening of relationships with safety focused civil society organizations, academic experts and other stakeholders so as to cultivate expert resources and third-party advocates needed by public policy, programs, communications, and other teams throughout Meta.
- Work cross-functionally to drive ideation, creation, production and/or execution of safety related events, program elements, educational and marketing materials to be deployed across region to improve and elevate external influencer knowledge of our work to keep the Meta community safe.
- Function as an expert resource on safety topics, providing education and presentation materials for internal teams and speaking publicly at select major external safety related events and meetings with policymakers, key civil society organizations and academic experts as needed to communicate Meta’s efforts and reputation as a leader regarding online youth and family safety.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in policy, law, marketing, business, communications or a relevant subject or discipline required. Advanced degree a plus
- Ideally 8-10+ years of experience with the Internet technology industry and with online safety policy issues, as well as an understanding of applicable regulatory and self-regulatory regimes needed
- Knowledge of the regional online safety landscape is essential
- Strong communication, analytic, organisational, and writing skills, proactive work ethic, and strong interpersonal skills
- Experience in developing and project managing events, campaigns and/or programs, and nurturing internal and external partnerships to advance policy outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment, think and move quickly, produce results under tight deadlines, juggle many different projects at once, find pragmatic and creative solutions to business issues, provide concise and business-focused advice, and make sound judgments
- Willingness to travel (when possible) and to handle calls during different time zones
- Bilingual, Portuguese and English. Spanish as a plus