Visa’s vision is to be the best way to pay and be paid for everyone, everywhere.
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
As Manager, U.S. Product Marketing for Visa Direct, you will report to the Senior Director of U.S. Product Marketing and will be responsible for leading U.S. marketing programs for Visa Direct. In this role, you will be the glue that binds our product strategy to the tactics needed to drive success in sales and marketing, ultimately delivering data-driven results. You must be an evangelist of Visa Direct to our customers and you will play an integral role in the lifecycle of Visa Direct.
You are expected to develop a deep understanding of the playing field for your product areas, which includes:
Knowing and understanding our clients better than they know themselves, including what they need and how they make their buying decisions
Having extensive insights on our competitors, what they are doing today and where they are going in the future
Deep understanding of market dynamics – including regulation, consumer needs and trends.
You consistently back up strategic insights with market evidence and use that knowledge to drive the development of positioning and messaging that resonates with buyers and empowers our sales teams to be successful. You have an innate ability to grasp and present the value propositions of our products and solutions in a way that resonates with customers and clearly articulates how we solve our buyers’ problems.
You will collaborate across functional teams to develop and deliver innovative programs and content that drive demand for Visa Direct. Attention to detail and eye for quality are critical to your success, and are imperative in your ability to represent the brand in everything from product development and design to communications. You are obsessed with tracking performance, and always have the data to prove what’s working and what isn’t.
You are an extension of Visa’s Product Organization, regularly collaborating with product managers, product strategists, engineers and sales, it is a balancing act that requires strong relationship-building and diplomatic skills, including knowing when to push back and when to dive in.
Be a strategic leader:
Lead development of marketing strategies that differentiate Visa Direct solutions, working closely with cross-functional teams to engage our clients and deliver against Visa’s business and marketing goals.
Be the expert on Visa Direct target audiences – who they are, how they buy and what key buying criteria they use – and synthesize the deep insights to develop value propositions and messaging strategies that provide the framework for marketing.
Direct and manage agencies to accomplish strategic marketing projects to support the business.
Drive Visa Direct ecosystem awareness and thought leadership:
Work with Global Product Marketing to shape industry thought leadership content on global money movement topics, and promote across B2B ecosystem audiences.
Partner with the Communications team to plan and execute thought leadership programs with and through Media Partners.
Accelerate bringing more live Visa Direct solutions to market:
Partner with product and sales to deploy B2B awareness and lead generation campaigns targeting U.S. Financial Institutions and Merchants.
Build and deploy sales support resources, including the development of sales enablement tools, audience educational content and engagement strategies, video and website content, and market research.
Accelerate end-user adoption and usage:
Partner with sales teams to drive client engagement in support of building consumer and small business cardholder awareness, adoption and usage.
Work with select clients/partners to plan, develop and execute co-marketing campaigns that drive end-user adoption and usage of Visa Direct-enabled payouts.
Key Internal Partners:
North America Product, Sales and Marketing teams
Global Product, Product Marketing and Brand teams
Analytics and Research teams
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
Location open in other cities with a Visa office, upon approval.
- 5 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD
- 6 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 4 or more years of relevant experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or up to 3 years of relevant experience with a PhD
- 5 years of progressive experience in Product Marketing or B2B marketing roles that involved planning and execution, including bringing new products to market
- You are well-versed in the latest developments and best practices in B2B marketing, including account-based marketing, persona marketing, audience segmentation, lead management and reporting attribution
- You have experience developing and executing client/partner marketing programs
- You are a strong strategic thinker with a results orientation who approaches any challenge with thoughtfulness, drive, and appropriate urgency
- You have an audience-focused mindset, with a demonstrated track record of discovering key insights
- You bring strong executive presence with highly effective written and verbal communication skills including the ability to present with impact
- You have demonstrated ability to work in a complex organization with multiple stakeholders to deliver on-strategy and on-time project deliverables
- Strong planning, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Solid financial and analytical acumen with strong ROI orientation
- Familiarity with marketing tech stack (such as Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, Marketo, Eloqua, AEM, Google Analytics and Demandbase) is preferred
- Work Hours: You must make yourselves available during core business hours across regions (LAC, EU, AP, NA, CEMEA)
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.