Facebook is the largest social media network, enabling over a billion users to openly connect with friends and family, share content, and discover the world.
At Reality Labs, we’re building devices and experiences that make people feel closer. This includes product groups for Virtual Reality (VR), Augmented Reality (AR), Home & Work, and the Metaverse, along with research and development labs and artificial intelligence teams. We are currently seeking a Group Creative Director to lead all creative for the VR product portfolio. This person should be a highly strategic thinker with a proven track record for leading breakthrough creative efforts across all surfaces and channels, including digital, film, retail, packaging, OOH, and events. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, iterative, semi-structured environment is critical. This person must be comfortable guiding teams, agencies and/or production partners, but should be willing to roll up their sleeves to do the work when necessary.
Group Creative Director, VR (Reality Labs) Responsibilities:
- Oversee the strategy and creative direction of consumer facing VR marketing creative
- Further develop the creative and visual identity of Meta’s VR brands
- Manage development of executions that strongly resonate with a range of audiences while maintaining consistency for the brand
- Develop original breakthrough ideas for a variety of marketing touch-points
- Work cross-functionally, balancing the needs of stakeholders and breaking down complex narratives into simple, compelling ideas
- Create and sustain a culture of excellence as a beloved leader of designers, illustrators, copywriters, animators and partnering with producers, program managers, and product marketing managers
- Inspiring, enabling, and energizing a world-class creative team
- Collaborate with designers, researchers, product managers, product marketers and engineers to serve a global audience
- Help lead and manage both in-house and external teams in creative strategy, execution and production
- Model inclusive behaviors and build a diverse organization that values, respects, and taps into different backgrounds and perspectives
- 15+ years of creative experience, including design and art direction experience
- 10+ years experience in a leadership role, including experience managing other leaders
- Experience developing and managing consumer marketing programs in a data-driven, integrated marketing environment
- Experience in a multitude of creative disciplines, including digital, packaging, product, film, mobile, OOH and retail
- Experience across creative expression: traditional, digital (including products), experiential, and ideas that drive earned media
- A link to an online portfolio showcasing your work (include link on your resume)
- Experience in consumer electronics and/or consumer technology
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.