Gannett USA TODAY NETWORK
USA TODAY NETWORK brings timely news and entertainment right to the fingertips of readers around the country by pairing innovative technology with razor-sharp reporting and storytelling.
Asbury Park, NJ 07712, USA • Ashland City, TN 37015, USA • Fort Myers, FL, USA • McLean, VA, USA • Memphis, TN, USA • Nashville, TN, USA • Rochester, NY, USA Req #20316
Monday, February 7, 2022
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
LOCALiQ is used by local, small businesses to help them find, convert and keep customers. As part of the USA Today Network, LOCALiQ is changing the way businesses understand audiences and where to find them.
How? With an all-in-one marketing platform that optimizes any marketing budget to deliver more relevant messages to local consumers with a suite of marketing automation, channel campaign management, CRM and insight tools. In this digital world we are on a mission to keep small businesses growing and thriving because the health of local communities depends on it.
Get ready to roll up your sleeves and build something that unites local businesses and the world of Martech. If you’re talented, driven, creative, and love small businesses as much as we do — let’s talk!
Gannett’s B2B Marketing team is looking for a Growth Marketing Manager for Search to join our growing team. Reporting into a Director of Growth, the Search Manager supports our ambitious vision by driving and scaling our paid acquisition strategy for search driving quality leads that convert to closed/won sales.
LOCALiQ’s Growth Marketing Manager will plan, develop and execute paid campaigns in search to drive inbound leads for WordStream.com and LOCALiQ.com. This person will oversee the entirety of our SEM program, inclusive of Paid Search, GDN and YouTube, managing a substantial budget against growth and efficiency goals. The Paid Acquisition Manager of Search will forecast goals, plan strategy, and execute to hit lead targets. The ideal candidate will execute on campaigns, and regularly communicate program plans, changes, and results to management.
• Oversee the planning, development, and execution of paid digital marketing efforts for SEM
• Manage and execute all aspects of paid campaigns, including spend, keyword strategy, testing, and copy creative
• Analyze and report on performance with focus on optimizing for CAC
• Consistently deliver on monthly lead targets driving qualified leads to sales
• Management and reporting of all digital acquisition metrics on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis (i.e., CTRs, CPSs, CPM, CPL)
• Partner with the brand and product marketing teams to optimize and test creative assets, landing pages, and ad copy
• Monitor trends, implement best practices, and test new techniques to drive lead acquisition
• Measure and optimize our marketing campaigns using multiple sources of data including Google Analytics, Salesforce, Marketo, and other internal/external data sources as needed
• 3-5 years of experience with an in-depth knowledge of various paid marketing channels and technologies, including paid search, retargeting, social network advertising (Facebook, LinkedIn, and more)
• Experience with generating leads for a freemium model is a plus
• Deeply passionate about driving results via digital marketing and understand the importance of tight alignment with overall demand generation across department and company initiatives
• Analytical mind and skilled at digging into data to assess results and cull key takeaways to leverage for continuous optimization
• Strong attention to detail, project management skills, and ability to juggle multiple initiatives simultaneously to meet deadlines
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or other related field
• Proficient in standard Microsoft programs (HTML a plus)
• Experience with Marketo or similar automated marketing campaign programs and Salesforce is required
• Strong interpersonal skills and eagerness to work as a member of the team while providing ownership of individual tasks
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining a diverse workforce. As such, we will consider all qualified applicants for employment and do not discriminate in connection with employment decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, marital status, personal appearance (including height and weight), sexual orientation, family responsibilities, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy status (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), education, genetic characteristics or information, political affiliation, military or veteran status or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state and local laws in the jurisdictions where Gannett employs employees. In addition, Gannett Co., Inc. will provide applicants who require a reasonable accommodation, as a result of an applicant’s disability or religion, to complete this employment application and/or any other process in connection with an individuals’ application for employment with Gannett Co., Inc. Applicants who require such accommodation should contact Gannett Co., Inc.’s Recruitment Department at Recruit@gannett.com.