GE Power is a world energy leader providing equipment, solutions and services across the energy value chain from generation to consumption.
Job Description Summary
GE is committed to helping the world achieve its decarbonization goals. GE has created an internal structure that is focused on capturing the latest learnings across the globe to develop the most cost effective and efficient pathway to decarbonizing the Energy industry.
The goal of the Strategy Consulting Manager is to ensure the timely delivery of high-quality consultancy advice to our global customers on carbon reduction topics for the power generation and industrial sectors through carbon capture solutions.
You will be accountable for the development and overall management of proposals on carbon reduction, carbon impact & carbon price modeling and management strategies, greenhouse gas (GHG) accounting and mitigation solutions, working cross functionally with customers and GE Carbon Solutions teams to position for successful implementation of carbon capture solutions, upgrades, operational efficiency, and carbon market projects.
You will provide technical guidance to the teams and act as the main point of contact for the customer leads on carbon reduction initiatives through carbon capture solutions. In addition, you will contribute to the development of playbook for carbon management consultancy and solutions at GE Carbon Solutions group to address decarbonization challenges for the customers. The Strategy Consulting Manager will work closely with the rest of the team, as well as Energy Consulting, GE Digital, Partnership and Sales leads for the region , Carbon Project team as well as Carbon Solutions Product development leadership.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead the carbon solutions initiatives to implement carbon consultancy solutions, such as GHG accounting, effectively & at high quality – coherent with regional and global carbon policies and sectoral processes (Power Generation and Industrials with Captive Power Solutions)
- Lead & Develop Carbon Impact modeling, LCAs & forecasting including Carbon price modeling while incorporating the energy/grid models from Energy Consulting team, for the defined sectors and geographies.
- Collaborate with the marketing and policy teams to define customer segments, develop target lists and run campaigns. Provide market feedback to functional heads and business lines leaders to enable accelerated pivots or sustain paths of commercial actions
- Closely work with Digital teams to enhance value proposition of Digital Carbon Performance Management Solutions. Be the functional owner and lead point of contact with the internal Digital team to enable enhancement of Carbon performance management and Carbon integrity management solutions.
- Manage stakeholder relations and help to expand GE’s network by building strong relationships with key organizations in the carbon management and carbon market mechanisms space.
- Contribute to business development activities, including supporting the development of consultancy / assessment proposals, identifying partners to engage with commercially and leading design of innovative commercial methods that use carbon mitigation strategies (technical, operational and carbon market instruments)
- Bring a solid understanding of the credibility of climate commitments, voluntary carbon markets as well as state-level carbon compliance obligations. Engage with regional stakeholders and customers to shape the emerging frameworks with the aim to avoid unnecessary transaction costs which reduce the momentum of carbon markets.
- University degree in environmental or climate related fields of study such as environmental management, social sciences, law or economics from an accredited college or university or or equivalent knowledge or experience
- Major work experience and relationships in the carbon consultancy, environmental or energy consultancy space, climate/carbon and/or sustainable finance community, with most recent years focused on greenhouse gas emission strategies and/or frameworks
- In-depth knowledge & working experience on LCA ,Carbon Price modeling and/or climate impact modeling
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 30% of the time.
- Expertise in the application of carbon market strategy in target setting and claims (e.g. carbon neutral).
- Expertise, or recent work experience in developing internal carbon pricing
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with the regulatory landscape and key organizations and individuals for carbon markets at the international, national, and sub-national levels
- Experience managing complex relationships at an association level and achieving a significant set of outcomes through those relationships
- Technical leadership to develop proposals and implement advisory assignments for the corporate and public sector clients on topics such as carbon market instruments, Article 6, CORSIA advisory, and carbon offset procurement strategies
- Highly data-driven and familiar with innovation initiatives and shaping policy and political conversations in the context of technological uncertainty and progress
- Exceptional communicator: great relationship builder/manager, able to work cross-functionally and able to communicate intangible results in a clear and compelling way
- Very comfortable with ambiguity; able to project confidence externally with an ambiguous internal environment
- Persuasive and able to guide from opposition to consensus, able to tailor content and deliver messages accordingly
- Able to drive alignment around internal agenda and prioritization with competing priorities and limited resources to maximize impact, can advocate for resources based on potential outcomes and business cases
- Entrepreneurial, outcome-oriented, and persistent
- Strategic thinker with the ability to develop coherent carbon management strategy (not just tactics)
- Demonstrated ability to move agendas and define outcomes that are adopted by customers, policymakers, internal functions & other entities
- Ability to operate and drive results independently
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
#LI-Remote – This is a remote position