The Vanguard Group is one of the world’s largest investment companies, advising clients and the general public on savings, investment, retirement, personal finance, the economy, and much more.
Lead Content Strategist
Make investing intuitive through the user experience
In this role, you’ll lead content strategy for our Institutional B2B products. As lead content strategist, you’ll own creation of the content strategy for our suite of client-facing products. You’ll be the expert of the brand voice and tone and craft how this shows up in the B2B space. You’ll define processes and set best practices while enjoying a great team culture and supportive leadership. You’ll partner with internal UX and business partners to lead the content strategy of client-facing digital experiences informed by client needs, market trends and the latest technology. At the core of this role, your design decisions will directly impact client outcomes. You’ll also be joining a team, who, in the words of one of the members, “is a bunch of nerdy sweethearts who care about making great products using human-centered design methods.”
In this role you will…
- Creates in-depth, compelling communications and positioning on a range of subjects, including Vanguard funds, products, and services; financial markets; the economy; regulatory matters; portfolio construction and theory, and internal communication topics.
- Displays versatility in producing clear communications through a wide range of styles and channels.
- Expertly presents and “sells” content and design solutions to senior management, project teams, partners, and stakeholders. Ensures the success of the strategy.
- Provides creative direction and guidance on messaging and/or content strategy across mediums-working closely and collaboratively with designers, developers, marketing managers, and business leaders.
- Leads the creation of new approaches or processes with a 1-3 year outlook.
- Serves as a mentor to less experienced writers by providing specific feedback on their copy, story ideas, new media formatting, and interviewing skills.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
A design experience that delivers
The Institutional B2B CX team was formed in late 2019 to enable IIG’s strategic imperative to deliver a world-class experience that puts our clients first in every interaction they have with us – from selecting us as a provider to managing the ongoing relationship and assessing over time. Over 2020, we have come together as a team, focused on building and refining our operating model, and drove early impact on the client experience.
What it takes…
- Minimum five years related work experience.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Graduate degree preferred.
Specializations that will make an impact…
- Experience working on digital products. This role sits within the user experience design organization, so a foundational knowledge of what goes into product design is key.
- Ability to collaborate successfully with cross–functional partners.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to craft quality content that is data-driven and informed by an audience’s needs, with clear governance, and created with an efficient process.
- Portfolio of content strategy & writing samples
- A systems-thinker who loves to build simple and elegant experiences for complex products.
- A holistic user experience problem solver that considers every facet of the user journey.
- A collaborative approach. You’re a great partner to other writers, designers, and your cross-functional teammates and have the ability to iterate quickly in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, agile environment with multiple stakeholders with strong project planning, time management, collaboration and presentation skills.
- A growth-mindset. You’re open and receptive to feedback, and can adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- You can offer a content strategy perspective throughout the product development process, and influence strategic decisions across and within products to improve the overall experience and ensure consistency across platforms.
- You can apply big-picture thinking to break down open-ended opportunities into meaningful next steps and find new opportunities to build patterns and approaches across org boundaries.
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: “Do the right thing.”
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard’s core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Future of Work
During the pandemic, we transitioned to a work from home model for the majority of our crew and we continue to interview, hire, and on-board future crew remotely.
As we have developed the path forward, we have taken a thoughtful approach that both maximizes the advantages of working remotely and the many benefits of coming together and collaborating in a shared workspace. We believe that in-person interactions among our crew are important for preserving our unique culture and advantageous for the personal development of our crew.
When our Crew return to the office, many will work in our hybrid model. A smaller proportion of our crew will operate in the Work from Home work model (for example, field sales crew); or in the Work from Office model (for example, portfolio managers).
The working model that your role falls into will be communicated to you in the interview process – please do ask if you are unsure. We encourage you to make the decision regarding your job interview and offer knowing which model your role will fall into. We will test and learn as our ways of working evolve and will continue to evaluate working models along the way.