Checkout.com empowers businesses to adapt, innovate, and thrive with the connected payments they deserve.
Checkout.com is one of the most exciting and valuable fintechs in the world, with our Series D taking our valuation to $40 billion. Our mission is to enable businesses and their communities to thrive in the digital economy. We’re the strategic payments partner for some of the best known fast-moving brands globally such as SHEIN, Grab, Shopback, PRISM+, Binance, Sony Electronics and many others. Purpose-built with performance and scalability in mind, our flexible cloud-based payments platform helps global enterprises launch new products and create experiences customers love. And it’s not just what we build that makes us different. It’s how.
We empower passionate problem-solvers to collaborate, innovate and do their best work. That’s why we’re number 9 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list and on Glassdoor’s list of Top 10 fintechs to work for. And we’re just getting started. We’re building diverse and inclusive teams around the world – because that’s how we create even better experiences for our merchants and our partners. And we need your help. So, join us to build tomorrow, today.
As Director of Marketing for APAC, you’ll own end-to-end accountability for driving demand and improving Checkout.com’s overall position throughout the Asia-Pacific region. This role is essential as we continue building out our regional presence to support local customers in their domestic and international growth as well as supporting customers from other parts of the world to expand into the market.
Reporting to our CMO, Leela Srinivasan, you’ll partner closely with Marketing and Commercial stakeholders globally in establishing standard methodology across demand generation, account-based marketing and field marketing. Ideally you’ll have a specific understanding of Enterprise marketing and be comfortable operating in a high-growth environment.
REMIT AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Hire, manage, mentor and drive the team of on-the-ground marketers in Asia-Pacific, with initial team members in Singapore, China and Australia. You’ll focus on generating opportunities for our commercial team through events, demand generation initiatives, mass campaigns including digital marketing strategies, account-based approaches and more.
- Partner with APAC commercial leaders and their teams to strategize on how Checkout.com will accelerate business growth across key verticals; ‘drive the metrics’ for our regional business.
- Use campaigns and playbooks created by our Europe-based HQ team, adapting where necessary to ensure they’re relevant and impactful in the region.
- Partner closely with our global Comms, Product Marketing, Digital Marketing and Brand teams to ensure that Checkout.com is positioned prominently and favorably in the market.
- Create net new campaigns and initiatives in support of overall demand creation goals. Select and steer contractors or local agencies to supplement the internal team’s work where necessary.
- Partner with the Customer Success team throughout the region to identify and cultivate customer case studies and evangelists to further Checkout.com’s position.
- Find opportunities to gain traction through relevant local, regional, and industry events, leading Checkout.com’s presence and investment.
- Provide regional insights back to the headquarters team to further our understanding of how Checkout.com is succeeding throughout Asia Pacific and learning along the way, including trends and competitive intel.
- Over time, expand the team to support Checkout.com’s growing APAC business.
DESIRED BACKGROUND, CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Demonstrated excellence in B2B marketing, demand generation and field marketing, with 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience with account-based marketing strategies and marketing to large enterprise customers.
- People-focused leader with proven track record to build creative and collaborative teams, develop talent, and link performance to overall business objectives.
- Knowledge of the demand gen funnel and tech stack, with a history of close partnership with sales leadership in particular.
- Experience working for a global organization and partnering with colleagues across multiple time zones.
- Payments and/or fintech experience is a plus though not required.
- Curiosity, a data-driven perspective, and a passion for problem solving.
- Strong organizational skills and able to influence and work cross-functionally.
- Excellent communication skills. This role demands someone who can present effectively to leaders all the way up to the c-suite but is also comfortable getting into the weeds with the team.
- Entrepreneurial, creative mentality and ability to ‘get stuff done’; sense of humor, helpful.
What we stand for
At Checkout.com, everything starts with our values, including the experience we offer our people.
We supercharge your professional growth with career development programs and leadership training. You can learn your way, with tailored pathways and online platforms. And be inspired at relevant conferences.
We don’t stop at ‘good’ here. We strive for excellence amongst our teams every day and recognize colleagues who take it to the next level through our quarterly peer-nominated Hero awards.
We’re proud of our global connections and inclusive environment. So we champion this through our colleague-led community groups and celebrate many cultural events together.
Want to see us in action?
Take a peek inside here.
More about Checkout.com
Our technology makes payments seamless. We provide the fastest, most reliable payments in more than 150 currencies, with in-country acquiring, world-class fraud filters and reporting, through one API. And we can accept all major international credit and debit cards, as well as popular alternative and local payment methods. Checkout.com launched in 2012, and we now have a team of 1800 people across 19 international offices. To date, we’ve raised a total of $1.8 billion, with our Series D valuing us at $40 billion.
We believe in equal opportunities
We work as one team. Wherever you come from. However you identify. And whichever payment method you use.
Our clients come from all over the world – and so do we. Hiring hard-working people and giving them a community to thrive in is critical to our success.
When you join our team, we’ll empower you to unlock your potential so you can do your best work. We’d love to hear how you think you could make a difference here with us.
We want to set you up for success and make our process as accessible as possible. So let us know in your application, or tell your recruiter directly, if you need anything to make your experience or working environment more comfortable. We’ll be happy to support you.