Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
We’re looking for an innovative and passionate Creative Director to help us bring the future of Movies and TV to Africa.
Amazon Prime Video is an on-demand video entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choice in what to watch, including Original and Exclusive shows such as The Wheel of Time, The Boys and the upcoming The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power. Prime Video is at the forefront of the entertainment industry and growing fast, and we work in a dynamic and exciting environment where innovating on behalf of our customers is at the heart of everything we do.
In this role you will develop, propose and execute local creative marketing strategies, infusing global Prime Video best practices with local nuances to grow brand love in Africa for Prime Video and our most strategic Original content. The ideal candidate will have a genuine passion for Movies & TV, deep knowledge of the South African and Nigerian marketplaces, and a track record of delivering successful large-scale and innovative marketing campaign creative across a 360 degree media footprint. Adept at persuading and influencing internal and external partners, you will gain buy-in and approval from global Prime Video leadership on local creative strategy and campaign-specific creative plans, work with marketing managers and external agencies to deliver world-class creative marketing campaigns, and inspire creative thinking throughout the local team.
Success in this role requires the ability to recommend broad creative strategies as well as campaign-specific plans based on local marketplace expertise, a curious and open-minded approach combined with proven high judgement, and the planning and stakeholder management skills to deliver world-class execution across multiple teams.
Key job responsibilities
- Help develop innovative marketing experiences that tell meaningful stories which connect to customers and drive awareness, brand love and viewership of Prime Video in Africa.
- Propose a strong creative vision with clear, concise direction to internal and external partners. Refine over time using a continuous improvement mindset.
- Manage external creative agencies to propose and deliver creative solutions which deliver results across platforms and channels, mastering the idiosyncrasies of each and creating tailored content across each channel.
- Help elevate and inspire the creative output of our internal and external partners (creative agency and production partners) to ensure campaigns meet the highest level of creativity and innovation.
- Direct and manage the development of multiple creative assets from key art to trailers, from brand building marketing to direct response ads.
- Experience working in or with creative services
- Experience building relationships with stakeholders, including communicating and collaborating across teams and functions
- Experience leading process improvements and/or operations tool implementations (e.g. digital asset management tool)
- Proven global creative experience that encompasses 360 marketing campaigns, covering digital, interactive, marketing, and brand design
- A strong portfolio of work showing creative invention with the ability to articulate big and breakthrough ideas across disciplines
- Deep knowledge of design and associated tools and principles
- Confident communicator (verbal and written).
- Track record of succeeding in fast-paced environments.
- Experience working in TV & Film, entertainment and new platforms.
- Experience working in South Africa and/or Nigeria in a nascent business.
- Ability to think strategically and operationally, delivering results today while proposing and leading future direction.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer, and we value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Amazon is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from South African citizens who are members of designated groups who may contribute to Employment Equity within the workplace and the further diversification of ideas. In this regard, the relevant laws and principles associated with Employment Equity will be considered when appointing potential candidates. We are required by law to verify your ability to work lawfully in South Africa. Amazon requires that you submit a copy of either your identity document or your passport and any applicable work permit if you are a foreign national, along with an updated curriculum vitae.