Coty is a multinational company that develops, manufactures, markets, and distributes a wide variety of beauty products.
We’re Coty, one of the world’s largest beauty companies with an iconic portfolio of brands across fragrance, color cosmetics, and skin and body care. Coty serves consumers around the world, selling luxury and mass market products in more than 130 countries and territories. Coty and its brands are committed to a range of social causes as well as seeking to minimize its impact on the environment.
Everybody is unique, and that’s what makes the world so beautiful. We believe that beauty has the power to change the world. When people feel beautiful, they radiate joy and energy. Just imagine how the world would change if everyone felt that way, every single day. To empower that change, we at Coty have made it our mission to Liberate and Celebrate the Diversity of Your Beauty.
Want to learn more? Visit us at www.coty.com
Joining Coty R&D Packaging team, it is being part of a great expertise center, a passionate and supportive community to develop yourself.
- You are leading beautiful packaging developments while preserving our planet’s resources.
- You will concurrently execute the development and the qualification of a portfolio of several projects varying from simple to very complex on a range of leading brands.
- This will involve identifying, developing, and implementing solutions for primary and secondary packaging, from early inception (design in partnership with Marketing) through qualification at suppliers, third party manufacturing and in Coty plants.
- The delivered projects must-have success measures include launch delivery on-time, with uncompromised quality, at the right capacity to enable global markets, and at the right cost.
- In this key role you will leverage your technical expertise, influence, brand/consumer knowledge and project management skills.
- A high level of collaboration is needed to partner with cross functional teams, internal (Marketing, R&D Formula, Procurement, Manufacturing, Planning, Finance, Regulatory…) and as well external (Suppliers, Design agencies, Fashion Houses…).
- You will actively look to build strong organisational capabilities, contributing to the strengths of the Global Coty Packaging Development team.
You will be responsible for:
- Collaborating with Marketing and R&D Formula on new briefs to answer consumer needs that are technically and financially viable. Advise creative team on best way to achieve desired designs.
- Working closely with Procurement to develop conception costs with multiple options to answer to the Marketing briefs and respect gross margin targets.
- Conducting and communicating risk assessment studies centred around the packaging.
- Establishing homologation plans and conducting all necessary testing to validate success criteria, including line trial at filling/manufacturing facilities.
- Responsible for thorough component and finished good specifications.
- Track the development milestones against Critical Path Schedules surrounding the packaging components and communicate dates/updates to cross-functional partners.
- Validating all new component tooling.
- Conducting all aesthetic development (colour matching, decoration).
- Reviewing/Approving Artwork files for Packaging-specific criteria.
- Attending 1st Productions, when possible, to ensure components and finished goods are of the correct quality expectations.
- Approving quality standards and range boards for the Componentry and Finished Goods.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE – QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience working in the technical packaging role, ideally in the Beauty industry or cosmetics/pharmaceutical/personal care industry, minimum 5 years.
- Proven track record of leading new packaging development, from design phase to in-market delivery. Including new tooling development and production line qualification.
- Academic qualifications: Master’s degree in sciences (packaging, chemistry, mechanical engineering, or other relevant discipline).
- Ability to evaluate and approve technical drawings for accuracy, design intent and fit for use. Must be able to demonstrate competency in handling the interpretations of blueprints and understand the dimensional tolerances to stack-up various component types.