Facebook is the largest social media network, enabling over a billion users to openly connect with friends and family, share content, and discover the world.
WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. WhatsApp reaches over 2 billion people in over 180 countries that use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas – making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. It’s a simple and secure way to share your favorite rite moments, send important information or catch up with a friend. WhatsApp helps people connect and share no matter where they are in the world.We’re looking for a seasoned product marketing leader who is passionate about digital payments, with experience in building and driving usage of digital and/or payment products. The ideal candidate will be able to drive product strategy and have a deep understanding of industry competitive landscape, trends, and business models. They must have experience leading a team to effectively collaborate with creative agencies and global cross-functional teams (at both a global, regional and local level) to drive results, by developing long-term strategies and go-to-market plans that make impact with consumers.
Head of Product Marketing, WhatsApp Payments Responsibilities:
- Lead a nimble team of product marketing managers to drive strategic payments initiatives.
- Define the product growth and positioning strategy, and develop frameworks to guide the strategic positioning for our product in existing and new markets.
- Represent our customers, and translate their needs into opportunities for product strategy.
- Lead analysis and diagnosis around key opportunity areas across markets and user segments to drive product growth.
- Develop consumer marketing strategies and translate those strategies into actionable go-to-market plans.
- Plan and lead successful product launches and ongoing marketing campaigns, educating people on how to use payments on WhatsApp and driving product usage & growth.
- Lead and collaborate with cross-functional teams (including product, PR, legal and policy stakeholders) to create integrated marketing moments.
- While this is a consumer marketing role, you will also need to understand the multiple players in the payments ecosystem across consumers, merchants, policy makers, news media, governments and advocates to ensure the consumer work is contextually relevant.
- 12+ years of experience in product marketing, growth marketing or related disciplines for internet and/or consumer technology.
- Experience working in a Product Marketing role and/or fast-paced startup environment (partnered with product management and/or engineering to represent market requirements and with cross-functional partners to drive product launch strategy and ongoing lifecycle/engagement marketing).
- Experience partnering and collaborating with product growth and brand marketing to deliver meaningful products and campaigns to market.
- Knowledge and understanding of mobile payments technologies industry landscape.
- Proven experience leveraging data to solve complex problems and drive user acquisition strategies.
- Track record of building, mentoring and leading a diverse team.
- Experience flexing between strategic and tactical/execution responsibilities.
- Direct payments specific product experience, or an interest for digital payments.
- Experience leading matrixed organizations and functions towards common goals with operational rigor and enthusiasm.
- Global experience working across a number of markets International experience and knowledge of diverse cultural, social and business landscapes.
- Experience collaborating with and executing co-marketing programs with merchants and partners.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.