Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Alexa B2B & Developer Marketing is seeking an experienced program manager to lead the strategy, development, and delivery of high-profile launch and event programming for our Alexa developer community. We host a marquee event for Alexa Developers each year called Alexa Live. Leading up to this event, we create highly curated content, video assets, and stories directed at engaging our broader developer community encouraging them to adopt the latest Alexa products and features. As the Sr. Program Manager, you will lead all areas of this event programming ranging from sourcing topics and product inclusions, coordinating the messaging strategy, breakout content sourcing, shepherding review processes, and post-event positioning. A successful candidate will be customer obsessed, using insights, data, and their continuous improvement expertise to build mechanisms that scale PMs and PMMs efforts to deliver a best-in-class developer experience within our events.
Key job responsibilities
This role requires you to think and act both strategically and tactically. Our developer programming is essential to how we engage and influence developers requiring a leader and builder who thinks big and can manage the brass tacks of execution. Comfort with ambiguity in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment is critical. Specific responsibilities include:
1. Drive development and execution of event programming for large-scale event activations
2. Own the curation and scheduling of Alexa Live Event Programming
3. Create and own the Alexa Developer Product Roadmap
4. Lead the Alexa Live readiness review mechanism
5. Work with the PMMs to identify and source all content for Alexa Live
6. Identify and develop new mechanisms that drive efficiency and scale
7. Use data to amplify voice of the developer, dive deep into product and marketing performance, and measure marketing effectiveness
A day in the life
In this role, you will be working across the Product Marketing (PMM) team as well as multiple Alexa product teams developing new products and features for Alexa. You will build processes and create mechanisms to bring product managers, PMMs, marketing teams, and Alexa leadership along on the event programming journey. You will also host a monthly review mechanism to share progress, escalate any issues, and seek guidance from key stakeholders.
About the team
The team is fun, driven, and holds a high bar for developer facing experiences. We have a great mix of tenured and new-to-Amazon product marketers, giving us a highly trusted stakeholder role within the various product teams building third party Alexa experiences. We are hyper focused on getting the right products to the right developers at the right time and work across Alexa businesses and our internal marketing teams (Developer Education, Demand Generation, Alexa Global Events, Brand & Content Strategy and Marketing Ops & Tech) to bring our GTM visions to life.
- 5+ years of experience in program or project management
- Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
- Experience owning program strategy, end to end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field such as business, education, instructional design, organizational development, or equivalent experience
• Strong organizational skills, successful track record of coordinating between multiple project stakeholders, program managers, and product management teams.
• Track of record of building, managing and optimizing large-scale programs
• Ability to partner cross-functionally, lead through influence, and work with a wide range of stakeholders
• Excellent written communication skills; capable of articulating both strategic recommendations and detailed tactical plans
• Able to consistently nail details, driving process and managing to goals
• PMP or related certification
• Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
• Experience in creating and managing complex, cross-team project plans; prior success in driving execution of large-scale project plans with multiple teams in support of business goals.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.