Mattel creates innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain, and develop children through play.
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
Mattel APAC regional marketing team is seeking an Associate Manager, Regional Marketing. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Regional Marketing, the Associate Manager is responsible for supporting the development and execution of Vehicle and Games brand and category objectives, strategies and tactics across the APAC region by building strong relationships with local marketing and trade marketing teams in China, India, Hong Kong/ Taiwan, Southeast Asia, Japan, Korea, and Australia/ NZ.
This position will also be accountable for supporting Brand Marketing plans, tactics and assets that work effectively in the region in order to gain category share in a profitable way, maximize opportunities and to improve our competitive position.
This Associate Manager can be based in Australia, China or Malaysia.
What Your Impact Will Be:
- Support in setting regional brand objectives and priorities that align with the global strategic brand direction
- Interact with and support Local Market and Global Brand teams in the development, implementation, execution and analysis of campaign plans, brand launches, business objectives, assigned projects, and associated results metrics
- Conduct, communicate and record category analysis regarding consumers and competition including the identification of trends
- Share and guide implementation of country best practices within the region
- Support the region in order to achieve sales and profits targets consistent with business plans
- Follow up on avail, demands, additions and drops of the regional product portfolio and/or key products launches. Establish metrics to control Sku count targets and productivity
- Develop the regional Brand SWOT analysis based on regional brand insights (Business Intelligence, Trade Marketing, Licensing)
What We’re Looking For:
- Graduate degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related field
- 5+ years of experience, preferably with Licensing/ character brand/ content experience
- International/Cross-cultural experience with the ability to apply a global perspective on the regional business environment.
- Result oriented, winning mentality, competitive, strong will to succeed
- Creative, proactive with strong analytical, strategic thinking and influencing skills
- Ability to work in wide variety of projects with tight deadlines
- Fluent in English, knowledge of other languages a plus
- Skilled in MS office
- Financial knowledge is a plus
- Must be able to travel
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global children’s entertainment company that specializes in design and production of quality toys and consumer products. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic franchises, including Barbie®, Hot Wheels®, American Girl®, Fisher-Price®, Thomas & Friends® and MEGA®, as well as other popular brands that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 40 locations and sell products in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and technology companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in exploring the wonder of childhood and empowering kids to reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.