The Home Depot
The Home Depot is the world’s largest home improvement retailer.
The Marketing Analyst will partner with marketing and creative teams to provide business insights and help develop analytical tools to improve marketing efficiency and effectiveness. This role will build strong business relationships with marketing team members and serve as an analytics subject matter expert for marketing and marketing leadership. This position will be responsible for analyzing data to identify trends, identifying opportunities for marketing and engaging team members to expand support where needed. The role will also be responsible for ensuring data accuracy, expanding data sources and identifying methods to improve insights and capability for marketing across analytics.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
- 20% – Serve as primary point of contact for marketing, competitive and Home Depot analytics for marketing team. Cultivate and maintain relationships with marketing team members to understand priorities, strategic initiatives and analytics needs.
- 20% – Leverage available resources to analyze data, identify opportunities to
- improve THD and marketing business, and present results to affected marketing team members, business partners and leadership.
- 20% – Work on Marketing special projects, including process improvement, process
- tool development and marketing campaigns as directed.
- 20% – Partner with IT, Marketing Operations and other analytics teams to develop and launch new tools for marketing use. Ensure smooth change management and adoption via training and communication.
- 20% – Design, develop and distribute key reports for the marketing organization.
- Identify opportunities for improvement, including new data sources, enhanced KPI and better visualizations.
Nature and Scope:
This position typically reports to Marketing Manager
This position has 0 direct reports
Environmental Job Requirements:
1. Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
No travel required
Standard Minimum Qualifications:
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience:
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
– Previous experience in Marketing or Marketing Operations
– Strong analytical and problem solving skills
– Ability to quickly retrieve, manipulate, analyze and interpret data
– Prior experience with data visualization platforms (Tableau)
– Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and some SAS/SQL required.
– Experience with Unica, Teradata, and/or Hadoop preferred.
– Solves problems by proactively thinking through approaches to the data or analysis based on the objectives of the assignment
– Participates as a collaborative team member, holding himself/herself and the team accountable for the work
– Solid quantitative and research skills and proven data interpretation capabilities
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to prepare clear and concise leadership-ready documents
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
– Action Oriented
– Communicates Effectively
– Customer Focus
– Drives Results