Intel is an innovative technology company that uses artificial intelligence to elevate multiple industries.
Senior Manager, Executive Communications for SVPs and co-GMs of Intel Design Engineering Group
The Intel Global Communications Group (GCG) is a team of communications professionals spanning public relations, reputation management, corporate communications, executive communications, analyst relations, content, narrative, thought leadership and employee communications. It’s a fast paced, dynamic, and exciting environment. We are looking for thoughtful, collaborative and organized team members who have big, bold goals, a great attitude, and thrive at the center of always-on communications.
We are searching for a communications expert to drive the development and execution of external executive communication engagements for the two senior vice presidents and co-general managers leading Intel’s Design Engineering Group (DEG). These executives are responsible for design, development, validation and manufacturing of intellectual properties and system-on-chips for client, datacenter network and edge applications. This role will also provide support on select external engagements for other members of the DEG leadership team.
This position is a part of the executive communications team within GCG. The role is an exciting and dynamic opportunity to have a direct impact on, gain insight into, and develop strategic communications for one of Intel’s primary technology groups.
The scope includes strategic planning, managing external communications engagements, content development, and partnering with global teams within GCG (corporate, technology and international communications, financial and c-suite media relations leads, integrated storytelling leads, etc.), DEG internal executive communications, Intel Global Marketing, multiple Intel technology and business groups, and the respective leadership teams and executive offices.
As a successful candidate, you must possess:
- Superb business or marketing communications acumen
- Experience driving communications strategies for technical programs, products and initiatives.
- Experience in driving communications strategies and plans to engage the technology community and influencers.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and influence many senior executives, providing positioning counsel and executing with a sense of urgency
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with the demonstrated ability to turn complex ideas into stories and visual concepts easily understood by a broad audience
- Strong organization, program management and content development skills, with a demonstrated ability to meet milestones, meet right deadlines and communicate status on concurrent projects
- Demonstrated creativity, drive and work ethic to generate buzz and excitement for the company’s core narratives
- Strong relationships with technology influencers and deeply knowledgeable with regard to technology, economic and market issues in addition to emerging technology trends a plus
- Flexible and resilient problem solver with the ability to build broad-based consensus and manage sensitive situations
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work across teams
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with the maturity to interact comfortably with a vast spectrum of hierarchy within the function
Responsibilities may include:
- Drive communication engagements for external audiences including platforms/POVs and corresponding 360-degree, high-quality content that aligns to Intel’s corporate narrative and amplifies executive priorities.
- Develop external engagement plans for the two SVPs and go-GMs for DEG and provide select support for external speaking engagements for additional DEG leaders/staff.
- Coordinate across and serve as central point of contact for the global communications team and other key partners to ensure strategic business objectives are supported.
- Apply business knowledge, media relationships, public relations and/or employee communications expertise to help design and draft content in support of executive strategic communication plans, including briefing documents, talking points, speeches, video scripts, long-form editorials, social media, visuals and more.
- Partner across the communication, marketing organizations and business units to select the most appropriate methods and channels to deliver integrated executive communications.
- Work with appropriate stakeholders in the coordination and planning of executive speaking and meeting schedules at events and office visits.
- Develop detailed and concise briefing documents to prep executives with need-to-know information prior to external engagements.
- Manage and leverage insights, research and support from agency partners and other vendors to develop new strategies and opportunities for engagements.
- Assess and direct reactive opportunities and requests in support of executive communications strategies.
- Work with peers across executive communication team to align other c-suite executive communications programs.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. This Position is not eligible for Intel immigration sponsorship
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, marketing or related field required.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in employee or internal communications, executive communications, public relations, corporate communications, or writing and editing
- Willingness to travel (post-COVID or as restrictions are lifted)
- Experience in technical programs, products or initiatives.
- MBA or MA preferred in communications preferred
- Degree in computer science, electrical engineering or equivalent desired.
Inside this Business Group
Global Marketing & Communications is responsible for Intel’s brand management, end-user product marketing and go-to-market activation strategy for direct and indirect marketing programs worldwide
US, Arizona, Phoenix;US, California, San Diego;US, Oregon, Hillsboro;US, Texas, Austin
Intel strongly encourages employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Intel aligns to federal, state, and local laws and as a contractor to the U.S. Government is subject to government mandates that may be issued. Intel policies for COVID-19 including guidance about testing and vaccination are subject to change over time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
Work Model for this Role
This role will be eligible for our hybrid work model which allows employees to split their time between working on-site at their assigned Intel site and off-site.
USExperienced HireJR0215912Santa ClaraGlobal Marketing & Communications