WiltonCakes Wilton Brands
Wilton Brands encourages customers across the nation to make meaningful and lasting memories through special event celebration and shared craft creation with family and friends.
Wilton’s Journey So Far
Wilton is a heritage US brand with a 90-year history in baking and decorating. After fifteen years of private equity ownership, the company was acquired by Dr. Oetker (family owned German conglomerate) as an expansion into the US market. Eighteen months after the acquisition, Dr. Oetker and the new leadership are looking to define the future of Wilton brands to become the most important, influential and successful cake and dessert brand in the USA. Learn more about Wilton at http://www.wilton.com .
Wilton Brands has an immediate opening for a Director of Category Business Units (CBU’s). Reporting to the VP Consumer Business Units (CBU’s) is a critical new role are accountable for the CBU strategy and performance. Orchestrate all product launches and marketing campaigns as well as providing guidance to the CBU team. Ensure that all CBU activities are driven by insights and are aligned to Wilton’s brand and purpose.
Responsible for establishing a consumer centric mindset within my CBU, ensuring Wilton’s customer needs are considered when making decisions. Sign off any CBU content developed, either internally or by 3rd party suppliers. Represents Category CBU in leading and participating in special cross functional groups, develops clear goals for personal and CBU reports capability development plans. Works with and supports the CoE Lead (Director of Insight & Analytics) to measure the maturity of the capability within Wilton, develops plans for continuous improvement and defines set of best practices for consistent service delivery across Wilton. Supports assigned Rapid Pursuit Team Leader to deliver the required business outcomes providing the voice of the consumer and the assessment of the impact of proposed solutions to category (financial and non-financial).
As the Director of Consumer Business Units, you do much more than managing Category processes,
You are the driver of cultural change at Wilton, driving a cross functional business unit leading a new Wilton employee experience. You have a passion for building and supporting a world-class team and fostering employee engagement, category development, growth, and a winning culture.
You are a key member of the Wilton Brands North America team and are responsible for leading consumer and category strategic initiatives that not only enhance company growth and profitability, but also drive alignment with the overall company values and vision.
You will use your experience, passion for and knowledge of consumers, shoppers, retail, baking & decorating to further improve Wilton’s brand and business proposition. You will understand and take responsibility for the balance required on nurturing significant business culture change with driving results.
- Define the CBU strategy, vision and growth plan across all channels
- Support VP of CBUs with the development of the category strategy and growth plans across all assigned channels
- Manage CBU budget, product portfolio and P&L / agreed KPIs
- Identify CBU innovation and ongoing optimization opportunities
- Share inputs/feedback to product teams on the new projects at an early stage so that projects are adapted or adaptable for the consumer
- Obtain market insights and social analytics to ensure my CBU’s activities (product and marketing) are
- relevant for my customer & consumer
- Supervise key project milestones and acts as validation / escalation point
- Supervise key CBU communication asset creation
- Drive Revenue Management across the category
- Collaborate with other CBU Leads to ensure alignment and sharing of best practices
- Net Sales I EBITA I Contribution Margin I Revenue to Target & Forecast
- Market Share I Innovation I Brand Awareness
- Marketing Costs vs Revenue (%) I NPD Cycle Time I Product Discontinue Rate
- Budget Variance I Return on Investment I Employee Satisfaction I On time project competition
Business Acumen I Critical Thinker I Ethical Practice I Global & Cultural Awareness I CPG Marketing and Retail Expertise I Leadership & Navigation I Relationship Management & Business Partnering I Agility I EQ
Education, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, etc. required. MBA preferred.
- More than 10 years of significant experience in Category Management analyzing insights to determine industry & consumer trends & develop strategies for product groupings
- Significant experience in Category Management analyzing insight to determine industry & consumer trends & develop strategies for product groupings & marketing campaigns and Product Development
- Understanding of core consumers, customers & competitors in the assigned category
- Significant experience in delivering projects using project management methodologies & an understanding of & ability to apply to category activity
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Significant experience in managing marketing campaigns & product development
- Strong understanding of Brand Strategy & Management incl. brand purpose, heart and perception in the market of its target consumer
- Strong understanding of core consumers, customers & competitors in the cake and desert category
- Strong understanding of Brand Strategy & Management incl. brand purpose, heart, and perception in the market of its target consumer. Strong understanding of core consumers, customers & competitors in the cake and desert category. Critical experience of CPG and supplying to the retail channels.
You will be responsible for leading and embedding the formation and category principles and task management of CBU’s, consumer centric category business units, consisting of Category, marketing, and multifunctional team participants. Leading the integrated business planning process (IBP) and NPD processes
Wilton Brands LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer. We attract and retain the best qualified people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, individuals with disability or veteran status as provided by law. Wilton Brands LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
If you need accommodation to access the information provided on our website, please contact us at 630-810-2416 or send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org We will be happy to help you!
On behalf of all of us at Wilton Brands, we hope this update finds you well during these unprecedented times. As an iconic brand, our top priorities remain keeping our associates healthy and ensuring our ability to serve our retailers and customers. Our recruitment efforts will continue and be conducted in ways that safeguard both the health of our associates and candidates. We hope that you, your family, and your friends stay safe and healthy.