Currently powering 20,000 retail locations and growing, we are designed for the complexities of wireless retail.
What We Do:
iQmetrix’s intelligent retail management software is designed to power sales of connected devices. Our best-in-class software is built around enabling retailers to deliver a buy-anywhere strategy for a consistent customer experience—in-store, online, and anywhere else. iQmetrix’s retail management solutions are used by 425,000 retail professionals across 1,200-plus clients. We are a privately held software-as-a-service (SaaS) company with offices across Canada and the US. Learn more atiQmetrix.com.
How We Do It:
We are on aself-managementjourney. As we work to move away from the restrictions ofhierarchy, teams are building collaborative peer-based networks where there are no bosses. Decisions are meant to be distributed to the people who are best able to make the decisions, which means more freedom for individuals to contribute at their highest levels. We are purpose-driven, helping individuals connect to the meaning in their day-to-day work.Additionally, we are currently on the road to building a diverse and inclusive environment. Working atiQmetrixmeans always looking at ways to be better.
Role Reports To:Brand Communications and Content Lead, Brand and Experiences Team, iQmetrix
iQmetrix’s newly created Brand and Experiences Team is on a mission to elevate the iQmetrix brand and promote it to the global telecommunications industry. We are currently transforming our brand story, while moving our content strategy towards a combination of lead-generating content marketing and editorially focused brand journalism. We are a passionate, highly skilled, close-knit, and hard-working team that loves to have a good time while kicking butt at our jobs. As iQmetrix continues to evolve into a global retail software brand, there has never been a more exciting time to join this dynamic tech company and the team that is at the forefront of global brand growth.
As our Content Writer and Social Media Strategist, you will work alongside the Brand Communications and Content Lead in developing and executing the company’s content marketing and brand journalism strategy. You will use your wide-ranging skills as an engaging writer and social media coordinator on a daily basis. You will be given autonomy to carry out your accountabilities, while having the unwavering support of your lead and the wider team. Given the pivotal transformation of our company and its brand expansion, there is incredible opportunity for growth within this role.
Content Writer (70%)
- Supporting the Brand Communications and Content Lead in creating and executing iQmetrix’s overall content strategy, including building and maintaining a rich content calendar
- Producing engaging long-form content, such as reports, case studies, and how-to guides, as part of iQmetrix’s brand journalism program
- Co-owning the blog strategy and researching/writing blog posts, focusing on industry best practice, product/partner education, and internal or external success stories with a human focus
- Supporting the Brand Communications and Content Lead in developing and maintaining the iQmetrix style and tone guide as it relates to the evolving iQmetrix brand
- Monitoring and analyzing the performance of content, share results, and implement actions for improvement
- Support colleagues with strategic copywriting for a wide range of marketing campaigns and projects
- Supporting the Brand Communications and Content Lead in executing additional projects such as awards applications, public relations campaigns, and other projects as required
Social Media Strategist/Co-ordinator(30%)
- Writing social media posts to share and promote iQmetrix news, content, campaigns, products, employee culture, company philanthropy, and other information on social platforms
- Posting and scheduling social media posts to four social platforms daily
- Working with the Brand Communications and Content Lead to come up with new social media marketing campaigns, and then executing them, and reporting back on results
- Sharing content highlights each month in the Telecom Digest newsletter, and promoting newsletter sign-ups on social
- Actively monitoring social media, and engaging with and proactively growing iQmetrix’s online community
- Finding and implementing keywords to improve Google ranking, and pursuing Google snippets
Skills and Experience Requirements:
To be considered as our next Content Writer and Social Media Strategist, you will have:
- A degree in marketing, journalism, communications, or a combination of related education and professional experience.
- Superb, conversational, and expressive writing abilities, with a knack for interviewing, a talent for storytelling, and a nerd-like passion for accuracy (writing samples required on application, and a writing/editing test will be given to shortlisted candidates)
- Three to five years of experience in a writing- or content-focused role, showing increasing levels of responsibility – ideally but not necessarily at a technology company
- Proven experience of turning technical or other complex subjects into readable, highly engaging marketing content
- At least three years of experience in creating content as a pillar of marketing strategy and creating/executing on content calendars
- Strong familiarity with Social Media platforms (ie. Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter)
- Proven experience in writing engaging social media posts and online community management
- Confidence in your own skills and experience, and the drive and passion to succeed, in order to carry out your accountabilities with autonomy
This role will ideally be based in iQmetrix’s Canadian HQ in Vancouver, BC; however, other locations across Canada and the U.S. are acceptable as remote working is available. Due to time zone differences, we will not be able to accept applicants outside of North America or its related time zones. For employees located near one of iQmetrix’s North American offices (Vancouver, Regina, Winnipeg, Charlotte, and Denver), at least one day per week in the office is encouraged.
We ask all applicants to submit a Resume, Cover Letter, and three samples of writing when applying. Thank you!