Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
The Amazon Pay Brand and Content team is looking for a smart, talented content strategist to drive and mature our global content strategy. Building content is fundamental to Amazon Pay’s marketing strategy as it powers inbound marketing and supports outbound efforts. We use content on a daily basis to engage new merchants and shoppers, connect with our existing customers, as well as build our reputation within the payments industry.
This role requires an efficient and talented writer who can create compelling content across a variety of marketing channels to help generate awareness for our brand, establish Amazon Pay as a thought leader, and assist in generating high-quality leads to meet business goals. As a result, this role requires a high level of creativity, deep attention to detail, and the keen ability to drive a strategy while working against deadlines on multiple projects for a variety of stakeholders across the globe.
Success in this role will be determined primarily by how impactful your content is, internally and externally, both in North America and globally. Measurement and performance will be key to showcasing your achievement. Specifically, this role will help increase traffic on the blog, drive registration for the global webinar program, fuel the demand generation program, support ‘big rock’ initiatives across the Marketing team, support SEO performance, and help drive engagement on social media. The role requires the ability to maintain an active editorial calendar as well experience creating content for different channels with an understanding of the nuances and requirements for each.
Key job responsibilities
• Drive the planning and execution of the global content strategy and owns reporting for the blogs in US and EU5
• Contribute to the content updates on the subdomains globally
• Drive the ideation and development of new content themes and formats, and make optimizations based on data
• Manage agency partners for content development, this includes the development of newsletters, blog articles, webinars, and other assets.
• Serve as the point-of-contact (POC) for content and campaigns with US and EU5 field marketing and go-to-market teams.
About the team
Amazon Pay makes it simple for the hundreds of millions Amazon customers around the globe to check out on their favorite sites using the information stored in their Amazon account. The Amazon Pay button extends the Amazon experience customers know and love to tens of thousands of third-party merchant sites. Amazon Pay is also the way to manage payment methods in your wallet on Amazon.com and the way to pay with your voice on Alexa. So, whether shoppers are online or on the go, Amazon Pay provides a familiar, trusted, and easy way to pay every day, everywhere.
• BA in Communications or equivalent experience
• Minimum of 5-7 years content experience at an agency or in a marketing department producing branded online content (a portfolio is required).
• Proficient in Word, PowerPoint and the ability to navigate and learn a CMS
• Understanding of content marketing fundamentals (including SEO) with a desire to consistently strategize on new ways to market our product
• Crisp communication skills and ability to collaborate with a variety of teams including design, social media, product marketing, research, merchant marketing, consumer marketing, legal/PR
• Ability to frugally manage external agency partners, insisting on the highest standards while consistently delivering on deadline
• Experience executing a global content strategy
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.