As the leading destination for short-form mobile video, TikTok’s mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy.
TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, Mountain View, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Mumbai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul, and Tokyo.
About the Team:
Our global legal team provides key support for all of TikTok’s innovative initiatives, state-of-the-art products, and integrated platforms servicing our global video market. We help our technological and business teams enable their vision by providing integrated legal guidance and support. The TikTok team is growing fast and is seeking a mid-level attorney with strong legal fundamentals and experience counseling on data-driven products and transactions. The role will support the monetization product and business teams in innovating new products and forging partnerships to grow revenue for TikTok. This is an opportunity to be part of the leading edge of privacy-led innovation in advertising technologies. The following describes the responsibilities and requirements for the role.
– Serve as the lead North America legal counsel on all gaming-related initiatives, including review of new mobile applications, assessment of monetization features such as in-app advertisements and subscription models, and drafting related documentation such as terms of service, rules and disclaimers for marketing and promotional opportunities.
– Develop templates, guidelines, frameworks and processes and provide general legal advice and risk mitigation strategies for all phases of the product development life cycle, from in-house game development, game licensing to studio partnerships.
– Coordinate and collaborate with global cross-functional partners in legal, privacy, public policy, product, and engineering to help ensure consistency in compliance standards across various gaming verticals and global publishing teams.
– Bachelor’s degree plus a Juris Doctorate from an ABA-accredited law school
– Member in good standing of the California or New York bar or eligible to register as Registered In-House Counsel.
– 7+ years of experience, preferably a combination of law firm and in-house experience at an interactive gaming or technology platform.
– Preferred experience in mobile app counseling, privacy (COPPA and CCPA), marketing, and online consumer protection, and familiarity with virtual currencies, loot boxes, and contests/sweepstakes/gambling laws.
– Bonus: avid gamer
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We believe individuals shouldn’t be disadvantaged because of their background or identity, but instead should be considered based on their strengths and experience. We are passionate about this and hope you are too. TikTok is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please reach out to us at Recruiting.Corp@tiktok.com.