Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
WFS (Workforce Staffing) Marketing is seeking an experienced and innovative Head of Paid Search leader to help shape the future of WFS Marketing. WFS is responsible for the attraction and hiring of the hourly operations workforce. In 2021 we hired over one million hourly associates in North America.
We are looking for an experienced and results-oriented performance marketing leader to spearhead and implement programs in the paid search arena. This includes overseeing a team of talented marketers, managing large budgets and forecasting channel efficiency, partnering with cross-functional leaders and driving growth by efficiently scaling programs through testing and optimization.
The ideal candidate is a passionate leader with a track record of achieving impressive results through digital paid search. You understand how pay-per-click channels work at an enterprise level and have ability to translate complex technical concepts into actionable plans and strategies. Success in this role requires strong stakeholder management skills, robust technical knowledge in natively managing paid search programs, and ability to inspire a diverse team of marketers. Our environment is fast-paced and requires a candidate who is flexible, detail-oriented, and thrives in ambiguity.
Key job responsibilities
• Develop and execute market strategies for Paid Search campaigns, including developing roadmaps, test plans, risk/benefit analysis, and analyzing results to develop actionable insights
• Translate business objectives into strategy, tactics, and KPIs for paid search
• Collaborate with other digital channels to ensure integration of paid search
• Build long-term strategies and lead the team in creating, implementing, tracking, analyzing and optimizing campaigns
• Mentor and develop a small team of high-performing marketers
• Plan, manage and track paid search budgets and projections while maximizing ROI
• Develop recommendations for new growth initiatives, platforms and programs based on business goals, competitive analysis/benchmarking and emerging trends
• Serve as a subject matter expert for performance marketing, articulate tradeoffs, and communicate plans and progress to senior executives
• Partner with a variety of stakeholders across marketing, creative, tech/analytics and finance to drive business outcomes
• Forster a culture of creativity, experimentation and innovation
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, computer science, or related field
• 10+ years of experience in building, executing and scaling performance marketing programs at global scale
• A minimum of 5 experience managing paid search programs with a budget of at least $20m annually
• A minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience managing a team
• Experience with bid management platforms such as SA360, Kenshoo, or Marin
• Understanding of advanced paid search tactics such as ad customizers, custom bid strategies, and audience targeting
• Deep analytical skills; intermediate knowledge of Excel; ability to use hard data and metrics to inform strategies
• Extensive experience in A/B testing within paid search programs
• Experience with web analytics (Adobe Analytics preferred)
• Master’s degree in Marketing, Communications or Business
• Experience with incrementality testing of paid search
• Experience with other forms of digital media including Paid Social, Display, and Video
• Agency and client-side experience
• Experience building new technological solutions
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to influence others
• Decisive, action-oriented, and able to motivate, inspire a team
• Experience driving direction and alignment with cross-functional teams
• Attention to detail, excellent organization skills, and ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities
• Demonstrated ability and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $118,700 – $160,000 per year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.