Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Do you love books? Do you like challenging the status-quo and are looking to lead radical, transformative initiatives that make a tangible impact on authors, content providers and readers? Are you a customer-obsessed individual with a passion for solving problems and driving an innovative and fast growing business?
Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) has revolutionized reading and the way authors of any level can engage the millions of readers that shop on Amazon. We execute our vision having “every book, ever written, in any language, available in 60 seconds or less” by working directly with authors, publishers, and content providers to provide new incentives, programs, tools, and services to help them easily create, publish, and sell their work worldwide.
The KDP team is seeking a Senior Marketing Manager to own Author Lifecycle marketing programs to improve engagement and retention KPIs globally for our authors-facing product set(s).
The Senior Marketing Manager will be responsible for developing and testing content and communications strategies/campaigns for various authors segments across a variety of channels (e.g., email, push notifications). You will work cross-functionally across marketing, product, BI and finance leaders. The Sr. Marketing Manager will be the expert on author behavior and business drivers and ideate new initiatives to improve key engagement and retention metrics. The ideal candidate will have a track record of delivering results for a customer-facing business (i.e., increasing customer lifetime value).
A successful candidate must be able to work at the strategic level (using author behavior to generate ideas for growth) and at the tactical level (launching and optimizing campaigns). This candidate will have a strong understanding of the marketing funnel and possess project management skills and influencing skills to work across multiple teams to achieve success.
Key job responsibilities
Core responsibilities of the Senior Marketing Manager include:
• Own Author lifecycle marketing strategy and regular reporting to senior leadership on progress against engagement and retention goals
• Develop and execute lifecycle marketing campaigns by developing cross-channel strategy, identifying authors segments, and key messages
• Build, test, and optimize engagement and retention programs, making continuous improvements based on performance, trends, insights; regularly report out metrics
• Partner with product and technology teams to identify new opportunities to increase engagement from active and lapsed publishers
• Partner with BI on the prioritization of the highest ROI models, reporting, and insight generation that will drive needle-moving retention and engagement improvements
• Champion engagement and retention best practices across our global Books marketing teams
• Contribute regularly to weekly/monthly/quarterly business reviews and annual planning.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of experience in marketing
- MBA/advanced degree
- 2+ years with digital media and/or consumer subscription products
- 2+ years managing lifecycle, engagement and/or retention marketing for a BtC service
- Experience working in email marketing and A/B testing
- Basic SQL knowledge or ability to manipulate pre-built SQL queries
- Experience writing customer-facing content that is on-brand, relevant, and tailored to a specific customer segment/experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; comfortable presenting across all levels of the organization including to senior leadership
- Possess keen analytical and quantitative skills; ability to think critically and use data to derive insights and inform marketing plans
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.