Liberty Mutual Insurance
Liberty Mutual Insurance offers international insurance policies that protect people’s most valuable assets.
As an Underwriting Specialist with the Ironshore A&E Department, you will, under general supervision, contribute to the growth and profitability of Ironshore A&E through underwriting, marketing, and managing of products and services of standard risks. Some risks may require special handling or unusual coverages. Must demonstrate functional technical knowledge of underwriting concepts, practices, procedures and techniques to include coverage issues, product lines, marketing, relevant systems, and marketplace competition.
This is a hybrid role.
- Underwrite targeted new and renewal Primary and Excess business by reviewing and analyzing a policyholder’s (or a prospective policyholder’s) services, loss history, financials, and other pertinent information.
- Review and negotiate policy terms and conditions with assistance from manager.
- Establish and maintain relationships with select brokers to facilitate marketing of A&E products and services.
- Make independent marketing calls to brokers.
- Contribute to the development of marketing plans, new products and services, geographic focus, and broker intelligence.
- Communicate with other A&E underwriters and claims analysts as part of the underwriting process, and to provide excellent service to Ironshore policyholders and brokers.
- Perform other duties as required by manager, to include report preparation, periodic marketing trips, and special projects to assist in ensuring the success of the product line unit
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree, or equivalent;
- Knowledge of A&E specific risk management issues and risk drivers
- 5-7 years Architects & Engineers and/or professional liability underwriting experience, or equivalent.
- Requires knowledge of underwriting concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong negotiation, analytical, and decision-making skills also are required.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That’s why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you’ll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” on IDG’s Insider Pro and Computerworld’s 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers for Women and one of America’s Best Employers for New Graduates-as well as one of America’s Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran’s status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.