Guest Services Manager – Higher Education – Elon University
- Do you have a passion for food and the desire to support local/sustainable vendors, scratch cooking, healthy options and the ability to lead a dynamic team?
- Are your goals to grow with an ecological and socially responsible company with your best ideals in mind?
- Ready to get out of the tedious rotation of the typical hospitality life, having holidays off and summer vacations back in your work/life balance?
- If these initiatives drive your idea of what your career and hospitality should and could be then Harvest Table Culinary Group at Elon University is the match for your next career move.
We are seeking a dynamic, energetic, and process driven Guest Services Manager to lead up a cohesive seasoned team and drive our program into the future of dining at Elon University.
Responsible for the daily operation and management of a location. Leads and assists with planning; directs and coordinates food service execution for front-of-the-house operations in order to deliver a high-quality finished food product to guests.
Scope of Role:
Ensures dining operations align with Harvest Table’s Executional Framework. Coaches supervising team and associates by creating a shared understanding about what needs to be achieved and how to execute to create a world-class dining experience. Rewards, recognizes, and develops associates. Ensures high safety and sanitation standards throughout the location.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provides oversight of day-to-day front-of-house operations and delivers high quality food service.
- Assists Hospitality Services Director in establishing and maintaining systems and procedures for the ordering, receiving, storage, preparation and serving of food and related products; this includes menu planning and development,
- Determines staffing needs and supervises associates to ensure location is operating in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Assists with promotions and marketing of services and events for the location.
- Assists with the hiring and onboarding of new associates and evaluating work habits and standards.
- Establishes standards for associate performance, service excellence, and engagement.
- Engages with and asks guest about the quality of their service, handling any concerns, while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Partners with location managing team to conduct monthly inventory controls, quality assurance audits, cash and safe audits, in compliance with Harvest Table Culinary Group standards.
- Manages resources to ensure quality and cost control within budgetary guidelines.
- Implements and maintains Harvest Table’s agenda for both labor and food initiatives. Creates value through efficient operations, appropriate cost controls, and profit management.
- Ensures full compliance with Operational Excellence fundamentals, including food and labor. Directs and oversees operations related to production, distribution, and food service.
- Maintains a safe and healthy environment for partners, guests, and associates. Complies with all applicable policies, rules, and regulations, including (but not limited to) those relating to safety, health, and wage and hour practices.
- 1-3 years’ experience in food service operations: restaurant, retail food outlet, residential dining, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- The ability to manage in a diverse environment with focus on both the partner and service excellence is essential to success in this role.
- A strong value system, unquestioned integrity, and good listening skills.
- Excellent communication skills.