Johnson & Johnson
Cutting-edge science, digital technology, and new ways of thinking are improving how people are cared for around the world, and Johnson & Johnson is at the forefront.
Johnson & Johnson Consumer, Inc, a member of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Sr. Customer Development Manager calling on CVS for the Skin Health, Self Care, and cvs.com businesses.
Johnson & Johnson Consumer, Inc, provides sales, marketing and logistical services to U.S. retail customers on behalf of the U.S. consumer companies. It represents one point of contact with our customers for selling teams, customer service, distribution, retail merchandising and professional detailing. It develops and markets baby care, oral care, wound care and skin care products that address the needs of consumer and healthcare professionals and incorporates the latest innovations. The portfolio includes heritage brands JOHNSON’S® Baby, Listerine, and BAND-AID® Brands as well as leading beauty and skin care brands such as NEUTROGENA®, AVEENO® and more.
On November 12, 2021, Johnson & Johnson announced plans to separate our Consumer Health business to create a new publicly traded company. The process of the planned separation is anticipated to be completed within 24 months, and it will be subject to legal requirements including consultation with employee representative bodies, as required, and other customary conditions and approvals. It is anticipated that, following conclusion of the transaction, you will be an employee of an entity within the newly created Consumer Health company and your employment will be governed by that company’s employment processes, programs, policies, and benefit plans. In that case, details of any planned changes would be provided to you at an appropriate time and subject to any necessary consultation processes.
The Sr. Manager, Customer Development (Sr. CDM) is the key representative responsible for the customer relationship. The Sr. CDM has direct selling responsibility and is accountable for achieving shipment goals and consumption sales objectives by handling an assigned product group(s) at a customer team. The CDM develops and executes customer-specific business plans that support and are aligned to customer and marketing strategies. This role owns key priorities to track progress and adjusts the plan as needed to deliver results. The CDM runs a trade promotional budget for efficient ROI and ensures internal/external alignment, while growing and maintaining relationships with key partners.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Developing and executing business plans to deliver sales results, including improved volume potential, increased merchandising effectiveness, growth of product group(s), and brand share
• Leading annual business planning process within assigned account(s).
• The Sr. CDM uses business analytics to influence customer and company decision making at top-to-top levels; utilizing internal/customer business systems to develop and improve plans (i.e., LYNX and ISIS)
• Regularly reconciles payments and updates promotional plans to remain within budget
• Serves as voice of customer to the company in order to address customer needs and accomplish goals and objectives, including launch of new items and optimal 4P execution. Influencing across the organization to ensure full alignment to the customer/company business plan and drive long-term business objectives
• Managing trade spend to stay within budget and to improve ROI; creating, establishing and/or running customer-specific scorecards to monitor sales progress and identify and close sales gaps; providing input into the development of junior team members
• Responsibility for accurate forecasting of monthly sales by franchise and/or brand and special packs/displays
• A minimum Bachelor’s degree is required
• At least five years of experience in a consumer package goods environment in sales, sales analytics, category management, shopper marketing/insights, or related field required
• Strong analytical background, and/or category management experience preferred
• Prior sales experience is preferred
• Prior people management experience preferred
• Experience working with IRI/Nielsen preferred
• Experience working on a platinum customer or national account preferred
• Ability to prioritize and to effectively lead multiple projects/initiatives
• Ability to interpret and communicate sophisticated business data
• Ability to handle conflict and negotiate successfully
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships
• Strong digital literacy, including MS Office Suite applications, sales database, and web applications is required
• Up to 10% travel required of this role
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, depending on location and subject to local legislation, candidates offered employment may be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or, in certain countries, secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work. If you are invited to interview for the position, your recruiter will advise on the vaccine requirement status in your geographic location.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Rhode Island–
North America-United States-Massachusetts, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Fort Washington, United States-New Jersey-Skillman
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. (6101)