At Upside, we are proud of the communities we grew up in -- filled with shops owned by our neighbors, and where people can gather. The rise of e-commerce showed us how personalization can unlock proven value for both people and businesses, but brick-and-mortar businesses haven't had access to that level of technology. We created Upside to level the playing field. We bring those online tools offline and give brick-and-mortar retailers the opportunity to personalize transactions. Our product helps people get more out of every dollar and helps businesses earn more profit, so communities grow stronger.
We created Upside to help communities thrive! Our retail technology uses the sophistication of online retail—profit measurement, attribution, and incrementality—to provide users with more value on their everyday purchases and brick and mortar businesses with new, profitable customers. We’ve helped millions of users earn 2 to 3 times more cash back than any other product, and tens of thousands of brick and mortar businesses earn measurable profit. Billions of dollars in commerce run through the Upside platform every year, and that value goes directly back to our local retailers, the consumers they serve, and towards important sustainability initiatives. Our mission, values, and commitment to inclusivity guide our team of more than 200 people worldwide, and the quality of our culture is reflected in the impact we’ve had on communities nationwide.
Meet the Merchant Marketing Team:
Our Merchant Marketing Team loves partnering with customers to empower them to have the best experience on B2B platforms. We collaborate with writers, designers, storytellers, data analysts, and others from across the company to build data-driven campaigns and compelling marketing programs to demonstrate GetUpside’s value to brick-and-mortar merchants. Our experience hails from places as varied as Google and Opower along with successful startup executives and venture capitalists.
About the job:
As a B2B Retention Marketing Manager, you’ll be part of the B2B merchant marketing team and contribute to large parts of our client-facing work, including our client communications program, partner and client-led events, and ongoing enablement initiatives across Fuel, Restaurant and Grocery. We’re looking for ambitious and hungry entrepreneurs who love technology and want to gain skills in client marketing and email marketing strategy.
What you’ll do:
- Create and maintain client-facing communications including onboarding, milestone, and education email series as well as quarterly newsletters and product updates
- Run point on client and partner events including event logistics, scheduling, registration, and coordination
- Track and report on performance (e.g., open rate, clickthrough rate, etc.) for all external communications to analyze effectiveness and identify ways to optimize future communications
- Maintain and update client-facing assets such as The Knowledge Center, brand-specific materials, and other enablement content for all three verticals
- Provide general support for GetUpside-led, client-facing programs such as The Advisory Board and Expert Training Certification program
- Support partner marketing efforts with priority brand partners
- Work closely with Account Management, Product, and Marketing Operations teams to continuously improve marketing initiatives
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher required
- 5-8 years of B2B marketing experience, with a preferred emphasis on retention and lifecycle marketing.
- Hands-on experience with marketing automation systems (HubSpot and Salesforce)
- Excellent writing skills and a high attention to detail
- A “customer-first” marketing perspective
- Proactive, self-starter work ethic, entrepreneurial personality
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and work cross-functionally to move projects forward
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment (not required but recommended)
The fine print:
- Upside employees are currently working from home during the COVID-19 pandemic. Once it’s safe to return to the office, this role will sit full-time at either our D.C., Austin, or Chicago location.
- Notice to recruiters and placement agencies: This is an in-house search. Please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Upside. Upside is not liable for, and will not pay, placement fees for candidates submitted by any party or agency other than its approved recruitment partners.
At Upside, we believe that diversity drives innovation. Our differences are what makes us stronger. We‘re passionate about building a workplace that represents a variety of backgrounds, skills, and perspectives and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Everyone is welcome here, come join us!