PayPal is the faster, safer way to send money, make an online payment, receive money, or set up a merchant account—both on and offline.
Who we are
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives. We’re a purpose-driven company, and our beliefs are the foundation of how we conduct business every day. We’re guided by our core values of Inclusion, Innovation, Collaboration, and Wellness. Collectively, these values inspire us to work together as One Team with our customers at the center of everything we do, and to take care of ourselves, each other, and the communities in which we live and work. We challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. Join us as we enable the hopes, dreams, and ambitions of millions of people around the world.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account – click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name – this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
This role will lead content and creative strategy across PayPal, Venmo, and Xoom DDA programs (Digital Media).
At PayPal Marketing, we have built an agile Growth Marketing Model that independently and autonomously manages paid media programs and experimental backlogs to drive growth for PayPal. The Direct Digital Acquisition (DDA) Content Lead role will collaborate with creative and media agency experts to lead the strategy and development of holistic, comprehensive content marketing that amplifies the PayPal network story to our prospect audience base.
The content lead will be tasked with elevating our Acquisition content through developing fit-for-platform, fit-for-consumer creative, and adopting an always-on approach to optimization in order to positively impact business targets. The DDA squad works as a cross-functional team of product, creative, analytics and media resources which together support the marketing needs of stakeholders across products & services and drive new customer acquisition for PayPal. This role will report to the Marketing Director, DDA Squad Lead.
The Content Lead will help direct our in squad creative resource and external creative agencies in developing content across all paid acquisition channels in North America, Europe and Australia. They will drive campaign strategy development as well as building and running a testing agenda across platforms with the objective of dramatically increasing # of potential winning permutations.
This role will play a part in the developing the full scope of the consumer activation funnel. This role will oversee all content marketing campaigns while partnering closely with the DDA squads, media agencies and external channel partners as well as building deep connections with the brand and consumer marketing teams to ensure a truly ‘through-the-line’ approach to our creative.
- Leading the Content team within PayPal’s Acquisition (DDA) Squads. Responsible for the content needs of the Acquisition squads for PayPal, Xoom, Venmo, PayPal Owned Channels and New Sources.
- Leading embedded and external creative agency partners as well as cross-team media agency partners to facilitate testing development, creative fulfilment, and general program optimizations.
- Development and ownership over the overarching strategic plans – managing the strategic development for the year and quarterly reprioritization. Juggling the strategic visions with moving DDA acquisition targets, and brand needs. Delivering agreed assets on time to satisfy media deadlines.
- Work seamlessly across agile systems including project management, agency management, legal approvals and creative asset housing tools. Embody agile ways of working to drive continuous improvement in program performance.
- Partner with media agency teams to source new technology / channel opportunities and lead the development of new creative tests across these channels.
- Owning measurement and reporting of content tests, including leading monthly reporting calls, backlog reviews for upcoming work, weekly update emails, and driving ‘optimization’ processes across all squads.
- Cross-functional partnership. Work with the Consumer Marketing, Global Brand, and Product Marketing teams to help build cohesive consumer experiences through creative, matching brand goals against Squad targets.
- Be the brand custodian for PayPal, Venmo and Xoom, ensuring we deliver excellence in brand experiences and deliver meaningful value propositions and benefits messages for all target audiences. Working hand-in-hand with brand teams to bring their vision through-the-line to the bottom of the funnel.
- Drive innovative tests across new platforms, developing fit-for-platform, fit-for-audience content that exceeds Acquisition targets.
- 10 years digital marketing experience – working alongside medium-to-large, cross-functional teams. Track record of working with external vendors and internal partners, e.g. media and creative agencies.
- 5 years of strategy-based roles – helping build exhaustive strategies and lead key strategic decisions across comprehensive marketing platforms. Ability to build engaging creative briefs and identify gaps and opportunities in the market (platforms, creative executions) as well as take action to close them, self-starter mentality.
- Excellence in stakeholder management, and the ability to juggle projects and business priorities across a variety of brands.
- Experience in leading a team, and managing subordinates including development planning, prioritization and guidance.
- Passionate about creative and driving creative excellence across every process.
- Candidate must have experience with or an interest in agile ways of working and various agile platforms.
- Good relationship management skills – allowing you to work well in managing in-squad agency resources and stakeholders across a fast-paced matrixed environment.
- Understanding of the financial services, financial tech, and payments industry / ecosystem a plus.
- Bachelor Degree required.
For more than 20 years, PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 400 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying, or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
As part of PayPal’s commitment to employees’ health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.