Inspired by our belief that anyone can learn anything and powered by our own curiosity, we build the smartest tools we can imagine to help students learn.
Quizlet is the popular, global learning platform and app that millions of students, teachers and everyday people use to study any subject imaginable for school, work or as part of their personal interests — including two-thirds of high school students and half of all college students in the US. Combining cognitive science and machine learning, Quizlet guides students through adaptive study activities to confidently reach their learning goals. We’re on track to become the undisputed leader in user-generated learning content and engagement, at the scale of YouTube.
Valued at $1 billion, Quizlet has raised over $60 million in venture capital from investors including Icon Ventures, Union Square Ventures, General Atlantic, Costanoa Ventures, Owl Ventures, and Altos Ventures.
To serve our global community of learners, our teams tackle lofty technical challenges and design for use cases across cultures and languages. We work hard, act like owners, and collaborate every chance we get. We’re energized by the potential to power more learners through multiple approaches and various tools.
With offices in major cities around the world and ambitious plans for expansion, we remain grounded in our commitment to our mission of helping people learn. We’re looking for new team members who crave a challenge and want to help us continue amplifying our impact.
About the Team:
Quizlet’s marketing team is responsible for driving brand awareness, user, subscription, and ads growth. This role will report to the Director of Product Marketing and it will be highly cross-functional.
About the Role:
As a product marketing manager focused on explanations at Quizlet, you’ll be responsible for: bringing expert explanations to a broader student audience, uncovering user insights, influencing the product roadmap, perfecting positioning, and developing launch plans. You’ll approach marketing with a growth mindset and with a high degree of user empathy to help us build strong products and systems to better serve millions of students and teachers around the world.
On a daily basis, you’ll partner with product management, product analytics, growth marketing, and user research team members to develop strategies to ensure that every student can find and engage with high quality study content on Quizlet.
As the product marketer for several of our core product teams, you’ll lead research efforts to track the competitive landscape of textbook solutions and help set targets for success. You will use insights gathered to outline student journeys and to make the case for unlocking new opportunities. On the go-to-market side, you’ll use different strategic lenses (audience, product, channel), and past tactical experience to recommend the right timing, messaging, and playbooks (in collaboration with growth and subscriptions marketing).
As an excellent communicator, you will be confident in sharing your learnings and proposals in well-synthesized decks and documents. You will thrive in this role if you can break down your thinking, solicit direct feedback, and bring a large group of stakeholders along for the ride. You are the kind of person who is comfortable working across teams to connect the dots.
In this role, you will:
- Lead our market research efforts for explanations and homework help. You’ll become the expert on the students who are a best fit for those offerings, test out subscription messaging, and understand the nuances of the competitive landscape.
- Communicate user insights and recommendations to inform product development. This will involve deeply understanding our business as well as the growth levers across our free and paid product.
- Develop our marketing strategy to connect every student with relevant homework help content. This will involve partnering with PMs for our free product and developing a strong understanding of how different content formats intersect.
- Collaborate. Partner with product management, product analytics, product design and growth marketing to analyze trends in our data, build out user journeys, and prioritize initiatives accordingly.
- Articulate product messaging. You’ll be a strong writer and able to think through the nuances of positioning and messaging for explanations.
- Expand awareness and product education. You’ll help develop relevant in-product education for explanations to help more students discover it.
- Analyze. You’ll help us track the metrics that matter and interpret the “why” behind them.
What you bring to the table:
- 4-10 years experience in a product marketing role at a consumer-facing company
- 3+ years of experience working directly with product managers on a core product offering
- Strong leadership qualities with a proven ability to influence cross-functional teams. You’ll be confident in creative problem solving and have strong interpersonal skills
- Strong market research skills including surveys, interviews, and competitive intelligence
- Demonstrated empathy and detail orientation when it comes to understanding customers from different backgrounds from yourself
- Excellent analytical skills with a “test and learn” mindset
- Excellent organizational, prioritization, and communication skills with a high attention to detail
- Comfort with ambiguity, uncertainty, and a rapidly evolving business landscape
- Scaling-mindset with a good understanding of how product and marketing teams tend to evaluate investment opportunities
Bonus points if you have:
- Familiarity with the ed tech landscape and/or Gen Z consumers
- Experience working within a freemium consumer subscriptions business
- Experience at a company that specializes in user-generated content
- Experience developing strong customer education marketing
- Some background in both growth and core product marketing
Compensation, Benefits & Perks:
- Quizlet is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Salary transparency helps to mitigate unfair hiring practices when it comes to discrimination and pay gaps. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a starting base salary of $123,000 – $170,000, depending on location and experience, as well as company stock options
- Collaborate with your manager and team to create a healthy work-life balance
- 20 vacation days (and we expect you to take them!); 10 paid holidays plus additional days off in 2022 due to Covid
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance (100% employee and 75% dependent PPO, HMO, VSP Choice)
- Employer-sponsored 401k plan with company match
- Professional Development stipend (teach yourself something new)
- Paid Family Leave, FSA, HSA, Commuter benefits, Wellness benefits
- 40 hours of annual paid time off to participate in volunteer programs of choice
We strive to make everyone feel comfortable and welcome!
We work to create a holistic interview process, where both Quizlet and candidates have an opportunity to view what it would be like to work together, in exploring a mutually beneficial partnership.
We provide a transparent setting, that gives a comprehensive view of who we are!
We hope you are excited about everything you read so far. We highly encourage you to apply for this position, even if you feel you do not meet all the requirements. Quizlet is always looking for amazing folks that believe in our mission and can contribute to our team in various ways – not merely candidates that fit a certain mold.
We have a bias for action, take initiative, and hustle to deliver results. We make informed decisions whenever possible but are unafraid to take calculated risks on great ideas to promote learning. We embrace challenges and see effort as the path to mastery. We’re constantly seeking opportunities to learn and we embrace curiosity. Quality matters at Quizlet, and we hold the bar high on everything we do.
We treat each other with honesty and respect, encourage vigorous debate, and seek critical feedback. We value diversity, humility, transparency, and collaboration as the best paths to our success — as individuals, as a team, and as a company.
Quizlet’s success as an online learning community depends on a strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are actively working to build a team that is representative of the diverse communities we serve, and an open, inclusive work environment where all employees can thrive. As an equal opportunity employer and a tech company committed to societal change, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Come join us!
To All Recruiters and Placement Agencies:
At this time Quizlet does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and/or profiles.
Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Quizlet employee. Quizlet will not pay fees to any third-party agency or firm nor will it be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. All unsolicited resumes received will be considered the property of Quizlet.