Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon is continually evolving and is a place where motivated employees thrive and also where employee ownership and accountability lead to meaningful results.
Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
Marketing Specialist Intern
Do you have a desire to make a major contribution in the rapid growth environment of Cloud Computing?
Do you want to build your skills in marketing and sales for long term career growth? If so, come build the future of tech as part of our Global Marketing Response Center (MRC) team! (Watch this video to learn more about the Global MRC team: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjJcOv_uslA ).
We are looking for a Marketing Specialist Intern to join the Global MRC team to engage with AWS new and prospective customers. MRC is an important customer engagement arm in the Marketing organization. Our mission is to learn from customers, understand their needs, and educate them about the benefits of AWS and all the services we offer, in order to help them embark on their cloud journey quickly and easily. It is a critical function within the lead and demand generation process, with the objective to profile, nurture, and qualify marketing leads generated from various marketing events, campaigns, and activities.
What we offer:
• An opportunity to learn how to be customer obsessed by regularly interacting with our customers
• Insights into the fast-growing dynamic world of the leading cloud provider
• The chance for you to work on your own tasks with guidance from experienced members of the organization
• Important technical knowledge and AWS certifications about IT in general, Cloud and SaaS
• An understanding of the many career paths available at Amazon
• Access to training and support on different domains to help you develop your skills
Roles & Responsibilities:
Work as part of the MRC team to:
• Build a stronger AWS leads database by interacting with customers by phone, email and/or live chat, and researching existing AWS leads to create a detailed view of the customer’s need for cloud technology.
• Educate customers that are in the beginning of the cloud journey and move them from warm or little interest to active interest; education to consideration.
• Nurture leads with tailored messaging to increase customer understanding of AWS services and unique differentiators with relevant customer use cases.
• Through nurture efforts, create higher value leads resulting in higher conversion rates.
• Work closely with Marketing and Sales stakeholders to achieve campaign goals.
• Opportunity to be part of a team to lead a global cross-functional MRC projects to drive operational excellence and better customer experience.
Applicants should have at a minimum one quarter/semester remaining after their internship concludes.
Note: Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. For an update on your status, or to confirm your application was submitted successfully, please login to your candidate portal. Please note that we are reviewing a high volume of applications and appreciate your patience.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life harmony. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment AND WE encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree
- Fluent proficiency in German and English
- Interest in building a career in marketing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Proven success managing time and juggling multiple projects in a high growth environment where priorities shift fast.
- Must have ability to listen to customers, understand needs, and ask clarifying/probing questions.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decision based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies’ worldwide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.