State Street is a leading provider of financial services to institutional investors around the world.
As a Senior Defined Contribution Investment Strategist, you will develop a deep understanding of clients’ investment needs and work to ensure a superior offering and client experience versus other DC investment managers. Partnering with State Street Global Advisor’s Institutional Client Group (ICG), you will work to increase the adoption of our investment strategies, including Target Date Funds and Retirement Income solutions, with large plan sponsors and institutional investment consultants to fuel the growth of our DC business. You will use your investment, sales and client-facing experience to highlight the value of our offerings, help improve new and existing products, and support our existing $800B+ DC client base.
To be successful, you will need to be well-versed in the US Defined Contribution market, our investment capabilities, product and service offerings, culture and vision in order to effectively communicate each in a compelling way to plan sponsors and consultants. To meet the evolving and increasingly complex requirements of these clients, you will also need to form strong relationships across the broader sales, operations, legal, compliance and other internal teams critical to the overall client lifecycle. This role reports to the Head of US DC Investment Strategy.
This role can potentially be performed fully remotely from home within the West Coast region.
As a Senior Defined Contribution Investment Strategist, you will:
- Drive the adoption of State Street’s investment strategies with clients and prospects, in collaboration with ICG, to fuel growth in the US DC business
- Coordinate across investment and product teams to ensure a best-in-class DC offering and client experience
- Serve as an expert on our DC strategies and plan design architecture
- Oversee and contribute to multifaceted projects and analysis for the most sophisticated global investors
- Keep internal and external business partners and clients updated on general industry trends
- Develop relationships with our business partners , notably across State Street’s investment teams, as well as clients and consultants
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Deep understanding and direct experience working in US defined contribution market
- Track record of building and marketing complex solutions with and for clients, including multi-asset class strategies such as Target Date Funds and Retirement Income solutions
- Existing DC industry profile and relationships that can accelerate the success of sales initiatives
- Strong technical ability and investment acumen
- Proven ability to form and cultivate positive relationships with clients and internal colleagues
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required
- CFA or progress towards CFA strongly preferred
- 7-10 years of global investment management experience required
- Experience in the US DC market strongly preferred
- Experience in presenting to institutional clients required.
- Travel up to 25% may be required.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills
- Self-starter that will excel and thrive in a dynamic and entrepreneurial team environment
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street Global Advisors
What We Do. As the asset management arm of State Street Corporation, State Street Global Advisors has served the world’s governments, institutions and financial advisors for over four decades. With a rigorous, risk-aware approach built on research, analysis and market-tested experience, we build from a breadth of active and index strategies to create cost-effective solutions. As stewards, we help portfolio companies see that what is fair for people and sustainable for the planet can deliver long-term performance. And, as pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest. As a result, we have become one of the world’s largest asset managers with trillions of dollars under our care.
Our Mission. At State Street Global Advisors our mission is to invest responsibly to enable economic prosperity and social progress. We are driven by a desire to help our clients, and those who rely on them, achieve a better future. We have a long history of developing innovative investment strategies to provide our clients with reliable and transparent returns, cost-effectively, and without excessive risk.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to Flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Company: State Street Global Advisors
COVID-19 Protocols: Complying with State Street’s COVID-19 protocols is a condition of employment. Those requirements may vary depending on circumstances and legal requirements, and may include, without limitation, a requirement to be vaccinated (or have an accommodation), to disclose vaccination status, to provide evidence of vaccination status, etc.