Hachette Book Group
Hachette Book Group publishes great works for readers of all ages—as one of the largest trade and educational publishers in the world.
Are you as known for your creativity as you are for your organization skills? Legacy Lit, an imprint at Hachette Book Group, seeks a Marketing Associate/Marketing Manager to join our team to manage title campaigns for diverse, multicultural, and Black, Indigenous, People Of Color (BIPOC) voices. The role will be responsible for handling key Legacy Lit titles each season and developing the strategic vision and direction of marketing efforts to engage and grow Legacy’s community. Our mix of commercial titles include narrative nonfiction, current events/history, self-help, and select fiction. Our ideal candidate has a passion for social justice and the empowerment of marginalized communities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with authors and agents, as well as editorial and publicity, on about 12-15 book campaigns a year
- Independently executes marketing campaigns for new hardcover titles from established and debut authors, optimizes campaigns for the paperback publications, and has a keen eye for backlist opportunities
- Communicate directly with authors and agents to present, refine, and execute marketing plans
- Work with authors to maximize campaign effectiveness including increasing social media platforms and working collaboratively to build author brand
- Actively participates in and leads internal meetings, as well as meetings with authors, agents, and sales
- Incorporate insights and data about available audiences for each book that we publish and ways to reach them through advertising, promotion and social media while also keeping up-to-date on new platforms and marketing methods
- Manage promotion plans and budgets for each title campaign
- Pitch organizations, VIPs, social media influencers, and partners for cross-promotional opportunities for single titles as appropriate
- Strategize and contribute to social media for the imprint
- Contribute to the growth and creation imprint of our newsletter lists and other digital platforms, managing website as needed.
- Handle season promotions (sales materials, catalog content, and seasonal lists
- Coordinate sell sheets, catalogue information and departmental mailings
- Provide admin support, as needed, to the Publicity Director
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- 4 years of marketing experience and a well-rounded knowledge of trade book publishing.
- BA or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Fluency in key marketing concepts and tools including email, social media marketing, and search
- Must be results driven, and take appropriate steps to achieve goals while also having full ownership of your work and autonomy to craft and implement plans for your titles
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with the aptitude to communicate effectively in both individual and group settings regardless of audience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of social causes related to gender, race and multicultural topics and must be passionate about diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Proven ability to build supportive and constructive relationships within and outside of the organization; takes the lead in inspiring others to work together for mutual benefit
- Proven ability to deliver timely, accurate work product and demonstrate good follow up and follow through.
- Drives change and innovation by improving work product or process
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively while also ensuring accuracy of work through attention to detail.
- Proficient in marketing research, digital/statistical analytics, and social media tracking tools
- Photoshop/InDesign experience, knowledge of video editing, WordPress, and animation programs a plus
Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Salary can vary based on a number of factors including skills and experience — talk with your recruiter to learn more. There may be times that you will be required (or requested) to work overtime due to the nature of your roll or exceptional workload issues or special projects. Our comprehensive U.S. benefit offerings include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability coverage, 401(k), incentive plan eligibility, educational training opportunities and more.