We are passionate about making the web a better place.
About the role
WooCommerce is looking for an experienced content marketing manager to join our Creative & Communications team – the engine behind our creative brand expression and how we talk to customers.
In this role, you’ll lead our blogging and longform content efforts to help educate prospects and customers, drive new traffic, and gain new leads. You’ll work with members of our Growth and Customer Marketing teams in tailoring content to appeal to different segments and needs across the customer journey. You’ll dazzle everyone with your ability to quickly learn about the wonderful world of eCommerce, and write about it in a way that is equally engaging and informative.
- Lead content strategy, writing and editing for the WooCommerce blog, working closely with our in-house SEO expert and external content agency and freelancers.
- Work with Growth Marketing and Sales Enablement teams to map out and execute a strategy for producing longform lead-generation content like ebooks, guides and whitepapers
- Lead the content calendar for all blog and longform efforts
- Stand up, a guest blogging program to identify subject matter experts both within and outside of Automattic who can contribute interesting topics and points of view for readers
- Work with Partner and Product Marketing teams to plan and publish blog posts and longform content in support of major launches
- Regularly examine, report on and use blog and longform metrics to advise future content strategy and investments
- Occasionally jump in to write campaign content like emails, social posts, and landing pages
- Maintain brand tone and voice consistency
- Have extensive experience in a similar role – B2B experience is a bonus
- Can demonstrate excellent writing skills and the ability to distill sophisticated, technical concepts into concise, interesting copy
- Are a robust, proactive communicator comfortable managing multiple priorities
- Are comfortable leading external agencies and freelancers
- Are organized and thorough
- Have experience measuring the value of your creative output
- Have a solid understanding of digital marketing concepts, channels, strategies, and related data
How to Apply
Sound exciting? Click the Apply button below and fill out our application form.
In your cover letter, please let us know what you can bring to the team
#UK #Europe #US #APAC
We’re a distributed company with more than 1900 Automatticians in 96 countries speaking 120+ different languages. We democratize publishing and commerce so anyone with a story can tell it, and anyone with a product can sell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or country.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.