Liberty Mutual Insurance
Liberty Mutual Insurance offers international insurance policies that protect people’s most valuable assets.
Depending on experience this position can be hired at various underwriting levels.
The hire must be based in the Plano or Houston, Texas area.
The Senior Underwriter, Risk Management is responsible for developing, growing, and maintaining a profitable, diversified book of loss sensitive primary casualty business focused on Workers Compensation, General Liability and Commercial Auto through marketing, underwriting decision making, building mutually beneficial agent/brokers relationships and establishing a marker-facing leadership presence, and application of underwriting tools, systems, and expert resources. Guides/mentors less experienced underwriters in their respective area of expertise, including regular employee coaching with feedback to the manager on progress of the employee.
- Risk Selection: Reviews, rates, underwrites, evaluates, or assesses the business applying for insurance by qualifying accounts, identifying, selecting and assessing risks, determining the program structure, premium, collateral, policy terms and conditions, obtaining approvals, creating/presenting the proposal to the agent/broker, and successfully negotiating deals.
- Agent/Broker Relationships: Demonstrates a high level of responsiveness and focus on supporting Agents and Brokers objectives. Establishes, develops, and maintains successful relationships with Agents and Brokers to facilitate marketing of products, through responsive service, site visits, in person renewal meetings or enhanced knowledge of their customers businesses. Develops strong personal brand to build and maintain a long-term quality pipeline with Agents/Brokers.
- Portfolio Management: Manages a sizable and complex book of business by analyzing the portfolio, identifying areas of opportunity for improved growth, profit and diversification, and executing marketing plans to increase market share by making marketing calls to brokers to market and cross market.
- Documenting the Deal: Documents files in a way that reflects a solid thought process and decision making through comprehensive account reviews, sign-offs and referrals that comply with state regulations, letter of authority, and underwriting guidelines.
- Leadership: Formally guides, mentors, and coaches underwriters and account analysts in both technical and professional skills. Demonstrates an area of expertise and provides regular updates to other underwriters.
- Intermediate level understanding of commercial casualty insurance coverages, forms/filings, underwriting standards and competitive practice.
- Ability to independently analyze complex financial statements, hazards, coverage, losses, pricing terms, and competitive positions
- Demonstrated ability to make disciplined underwriting decisions while reaching new business, retention and other goals; Effective mathematical, interpersonal (relationship building, persuasion, etc.), and organizational skills as normally obtained through a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
- Minimum of 5 years casualty underwriting experience and a commitment to making progress towards attaining the CPCU.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That’s why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you’ll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” on IDG’s Insider Pro and Computerworld’s 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers for Women and one of America’s Best Employers for New Graduates-as well as one of America’s Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran’s status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.