Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
The primary responsibilities of the Search Marketing team are to drive web site traffic, maximize channel revenue and improve customer experience. We manage both Text and Shopping Ads on search engines and run experiments with a view to programmatically improve our ROI and find levers to grow the Amazon business. Our channel is one of the largest levers for Amazon business and new customer acquisition. We work with internal customers across all levels of the organization worldwide and enjoy the challenges and rewards of working in a fast-growing organization. This position will support the Amazon Flex business.
At Amazon we are building a world class last mile operation, significantly complimented by Amazon Flex. Amazon Flex works directly with independent contractors called delivery partners to make deliveries to our customers. This role will work directly with the Amazon Flex team to increase their reach worldwide.
This is a high-visibility position with scope for creativity and self-development. You will develop a detailed understanding of digital marketing (SEM in particular) and understand the long-term financial impact of customer behavior trends. The role requires a highly analytical mindset as well as a curiosity to seek out new possibilities. You should be attracted to the analytical and technical side of marketing as well as to the creative and experimental side, consistently using one to inform the other. You will be comfortable thinking big and diving deep.
Specifically, the Marketing Manager will:
• Develop deep channel insights and understanding in partnership with the Amazon Flex team, other marketing channel teams, and international stakeholders
• Translate channel insights into test plans, product/feature proposals, and opportunities for optimization
• Define and run tests, including A/B experiments to test new vendor features and/or inform new product development
• Conduct in-depth analyses to refine our understanding of the Search space and uncover optimization opportunities
• Translate analytical findings into actionable insights and concise business actions and recommendations
• 4+ years of marketing experience. Background in analytical positions or consulting is a plus
• Degree in Business, Marketing, Math/Statistics, Economics, Computer Science or a similar field • Excellent business judgment and the ability to think strategically and execute methodically
• Able to generate ideas and solve problems independently and consistent with Amazon’s core principles
• Proven analytical and quantitative skills with a passion and aptitude for analysis and related tools.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills written and verbal
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively across business and international teams
• Interest in the technical aspects of digital marketing
• Strong bias for action and sense of urgency; the ability to make things happen quickly.
• A track record of teamwork and willingness to roll up sleeves to get the job done
• Experience in Paid Search Marketing or Online Marketing
• Master’s degree Business, Marketing, Math/Statistics, Economics, Computer Science or a similar field
• SQL knowledge
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .