- US Real Estate Insurance Associate - BlackRock - New York City, NY
- Principal Consultant - Wealth & Asset Management - New York City, NY
- Business analyst -Remote - New York
- ATTENDANT, CATERING - New York City, NY
- ATTENDANT, CATERING - New York City, NY
BlackRock is a global investment firm, trusted to manage more assets than any other.
About this role
We are searching for an attorney to support BlackRock’s North American investment management business, with a particular focus on providing legal advice and consultation with respect to investment products and strategies offered by BlackRock’s nationally chartered limited purpose trust bank, including a suite of 950+ bank-maintained collective investment funds. The candidate must be able to directly manage, coordinate, and advise across a wide variety of business and operations teams on regulatory, compliance, disclosure and commercial issues and risks presented.
This position can sit in New York City, Boston, Washington D.C., Atlanta or San Francisco.
- Providing legal advice and consultation, focusing on a variety of legal issues relating to, among other things, the development of new, and changes to existing, bank-maintained collective investment funds (CIFs) established under U.S. Office of the Comptroller of the Currency regulations and U.S. federal securities and tax laws/regulations and typically subject to ERISA, and the provision of investment management, securities lending and other fiduciary services to institutional clients.
- Drafting and ongoing maintenance of CIF governing documents, including, but not limited to, investment guidelines and disclosure documents, and supporting the fund administration, marketing and client reporting teams in maintaining consistency of notes to the CIF financials, marketing materials and client reports with those governing documents.
- Coordinating closely with the team of paralegals who support the maintenance of the trust documents under which the CIFs are established (including quarterly amendments/restatements) and the library of CIF-specific disclosures, and the annual updates of the CIF-specific and trust bank-specific disclosure documents.
- Coordinating closely with other internal teams of lawyers/paralegals who have similar disclosure-related responsibilities for other types of pooled products, to ensure consistency across disclosures as appropriate.
- Researching and advising on bank, securities and product tax regulatory matters, and valuation, trading and portfolio management issues, among other things related to products and services offered to fiduciary clients of the trust bank.
- Managing internal business relationships and communicating directly with internal business clients.
- Candidates must have a J.D. with superior academic credentials from a nationally-recognized law school and 3+ years’ experience as a lawyer in a major law firm or in the legal department of a leading financial services organization.
- Candidates should have some experience with the U.S. federal securities laws that pertain to investment management (including the Investment Advisers Act and the Investment Company Act), U.S. bank fiduciary laws/regulations and ERISA.
- Candidates should have some experience advising publicly or privately offered pooled funds, including experience drafting fund and investment adviser/manager disclosure documents.
- Candidates must have exceptional analytical, written and verbal communication skills, and must pay careful attention to detail.
- Candidates must be able to work effectively both independently and as a member of team, in a demanding, fast-paced, global environment.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.