At Edwards Lifesciences, every heartbeat matters.
As an Manager Field Training for the Edwards THV business, you will plan, design and execute product and clinical training programs with the goal of advancing the development of clinical expertise of the new and existing field teams and HCPs to enable better patient outcomes. Through the job in the field, you will facilitate clinical training to promote excellence in peri-, pre- and post-procedural areas and dissemination of best practices.
- Train, guide and upskill field team newhires and existing teams directly in the field and cathlab/OR environment, ensuring procedural best practices are met and trainees are upskilled to deliver high quality clinical support to clinicians which adds value and ensures best possible patient outcomes.
- Drive insights to help shape clinical and product training programs including the content and delivery mechanisms resulting in an effective and engaging programs with the adult learner in mind with regards to current and future product portfolio.
- Drive standardization and quality of core product / clinical training for new and existing field based sales and clinical employees in collaboration with training & development, sales, marketing and operations.
- Utilize clinical knowledge expertise to effectively deliver training programs to employees and HCPs to improve their clinical and product skills enabling greater achievement of business objectives.
- Identify and maintain strong relationships with key internal stakeholders and key clinician customers while developing outstanding credibility through clinical, customer and overall market knowledge.
- Collaborate with Management to ensure training objectives are met with consistency and in compliance with the THV training strategy.
- Partner with regional Sales Org and Marketing colleagues as well as clinicians to gather and analyze ongoing business trends in order to consistently evolve training plans and programs that meet the changing needs and priorities of the THV business.
- Support development of Field based colleagues in the areas of clinical knowledge and customer leadership through active mentoring and coaching, serving as a role model, utilizing education principles and learning styles with accountability of assessing competencies.
- Drive ownership for regional programs which utilize simulators, act as a key trainer for procedural simulation both in the field team and with HCPs.
- Drive product & technology competency and knowledge assessment in the field to evaluate readiness of colleagues who are in training process to act independently in given areas of expertise.
- Mantain strong technology and procedural expertise in areas of core THV business as well as serve as SME for less frequent uses (small indications) and in “challenging” cases.
These are the competencies that will make you successful:
Edwards’s product & portfolio knowledge: As a Clinical Field Trainer, you have an expert level understanding of Edwards products and services and will have oversight of learning and development needs of field clinical specialists in their product & technology knowledge. This includes providing clinical/technical education , hands on training, and expert consultation to ensure employees are effectively trained on required competencies, skill levels, procedures, and product knowledge so they can act independently in case support. All activites are mainly executed directly in the field.
Disease & therapy knowledge: THV Field Trainers are experts in aortic stenosis. As an all-around therapy expert, you have extensive and detailed knowledge in the disease and patient condition and are seen as a trusted resource and partner by the field organization, HCP’s and customers on Edwards’s devices utilization. You find innovative ways to employ this knowledge to drive regional performance.
Clinical data expertise: As a Field Trainer you can proactively apply your understanding of the latest clinical research in order draw links between clinical data and the real patient setting. You are the THV expert in interpreting clinical data relating to the treatment options for specific patients. This includes using clinical knowledge expertise to effectively deliver training programs to employees and HCPs to improve their clinical and product skills enabling greater achievement of business objectives.
OR/Cath Lab management: The Field Trainer demonstrates excellence in clinical support while in the OR/Cath lab and is able to model behaviors and provide training on best practices in procedural support, including the ability to react quickly to unexpected situations, demonstrating situational leadership during stressful procedures. You provide mentoring and coaching, as well as the ability to use education principles and evaluate learning styles of your colleagues.
Imaging expertise: The Field Trainer has strong proficiency in analyzing and interpreting imaging data (CT, echocardiography…) both pre- and peri-procedurally. You teach others how to support clinical decisions on valve choice and how to have detailed discussions with implanters on treatment decisions and for procedure planning.
Business Acumen: In addition to deep clinical knowledge, you also have a strong business acumen and effectively partner with regional Sales Organization, Marketing colleagues and clinicians to analyze ongoing business trends and evolve training programs that meet the changing needs and priorities of the THV business. You understand competitor products and capabilities, technically and clinically and collaborate with Management to ensure training objectives are met with consistency and in compliance with the THV training strategy.
Customer Leadership: As a Field Trainer, you have foundational customer and proctor relationships. You identify and maintain strong relationships with key internal stakeholders, key clinicians and customers while developing outstanding credibility through clinical, customer and overall market knowledge. Most importantly, you are the expert in the patient journey and patient flow optimization. You propose and lead regional programs which utilize simulators, act as a key trainer for procedural simulation both in the field team and with HCPs. You offer relevant trainings, both technical and scientific, on Edwards’s products, TAVI, and relevant cardiovascular topics (e.g. heart pathophysiology, valve replacement).
Teamwork and Leadership: The Field Trainer is an essential member of the THV organization. In this role, you effectively collaborate with training & development, sales, marketing, and operations to drive standardization and quality of core product / clinical training. You are a skilled teacher and able to provide advice, coaching and support to Field based colleagues, serving as a role model, utilizing education principles and learning styles with accountability of assessing competencies.
- A bachelor’s/master’s degree or equivalent in related field with training experience in clinical / technical environment
- 6+years experience years of experience working in the clinical field as med tech industry clinical representative or similar field role
- Prior successful experience as a trainer in clinical and/or sales role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate with a variety of stakeholders (in English as well as language spoken in the region). This position will require close collaboration with internal stakeholders as well as external physician partners.
- Demonstrated excellence in meeting customer/patient expectations.
- Advanced in understanding and navigating complex medical cases and resolving difficult situations.
- Demonstrated customer leadership: you can successfully guide all stakeholders through dynamics of a fast paced and sometimes high stress Cath lab / OR environment.
- Self-motivation and willingness to make a difference in patients’ lives.
- Highly professional and ethical behavior while contributing to the overall success of the company.
- Strong knowledge of THV technology, product and procedure, bail-out techniques with deep understanding of clinical implications. Recognized as go-to person for these topics.
- Proficiency in analyzing and interpreting pre- and peri-procedural imaging (CT scan, echocardiography..).
- Strong aptitude for cardiac anatomy and physiology.
- Collaboration and teaming skills.
- Demonstrated teaching, mentoring and coaching skills – ability to observe, evaluate & use various techniques to improve results.
- Experience working in cardiac Cath lab and/or operation room.
- Confident using of modern communication tools, MS Office and willingness to learn other software programs as needed.
- Adhere to all company rules and requirements (e.g. pandemic protocols, Environmental Health & Safety rules) and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control