- Security Guard at BNY Mellon - Pittsburgh, PA
- Dreyfus/Mellon - Senior Portfolio Analyst - Pittsburgh, PA
- Senior Group Manager, Markets Securities Finance Operations - Pittsburgh, PA
- Lead Analyst, Data Transfer, Integrity & Quality - Pittsburgh, PA
- Sr. Specialist, Data Architect - Pittsburgh, PA
You can make a difference by working at BNY Mellon, where finance, technology and business intersect, to power the global financial industry.
Counsel, Private Banking
BNY Mellon Wealth Management
BNY Mellon’s Legal Department is seeking an experienced and highly competent banking attorney to join its team of lawyers that provides counsel and guidance to BNY Mellon’s Wealth Management business. The position will be [based in New York, NY/located in any of WM’s locations/remote].
The Counsel position will be responsible for providing legal advice to the various Private Banking business lines in connection with loans and deposits to high-net-worth individuals (and their trusts, partnerships, holding companies and other related entities) and entails providing advice to ensure that all products fully comply with the applicable regulatory requirements (Regs. B, E and Z), advising on proposed regulation, drafting, and negotiating legal documentation for specific transactions, reviewing marketing materials, and providing strategic advice on the development of new products and services. The successful candidate will be expected to be a strategic partner to the business, advising on risks and controls and providing holistic, proactive legal guidance.
Preferred candidate should have a minimum of 5 years of legal experience in the financial services industry including experience in consumer and mass affluent banking, with a focus on deposit products, loans secured by marketable securities (Reg. U, UCC Articles 8 and 9, Rule 144) and residential mortgages (Regs. Z, X and C). Loan workout experience, international lending, experience with personal trusts, or lending on alternative investments and other high net worth/private banking products would be a plus.
Advanced Legal Degree. 5+ years within the Legal industry.
- Risk and control mindset that goes beyond the traditional practice of law
- Excellent counseling skills, with the gravitas to act as a strategic partner to the business
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High energy and able to operate independently in a fast-paced environment with the organization skills to meet deadlines while prioritizing among many important matters
- Knowledge of key consumer banking regulations and the regulatory systems applicable to national banks.
- Ability to be proactive and provide practical legal advice, supporting the transformational growth of a key business line
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world’s financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It’s the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.