- Mgr Advertising & Comm Insights - Chicago, IL
- Engineering Design Tech - Chicago, IL - Maywood, IL
- Sr Engineering Design Tech - Chicago, IL - Maywood, IL
- (ComEd) Manager Business Planning and Support-Chicago, IL - Chicago, IL - Maywood, IL
- (ComEd) Sr Engineer -New Business Large Projects-Chicago, IL - Chicago, IL
Be a part of something powerful at America’s premier energy provider!
At Exelon, we are united by our values and shared vision for a cleaner and brighter future. We encourage curiosity, value diverse perspectives and we never stop looking for ways to be, work and do better. We know the future is in our hands. That’s why we’re looking for people like you, who have the power to make a difference.
As the nation’s largest utility company, we serve more than 10 million customers through six fully regulated transmission and distribution utilities, Atlantic City Electric (ACE), Baltimore Gas and Electric (BGE), Commonwealth Edison (ComEd), Delmarva Power & Light (DPL), PECO Energy Company (PECO), and Potomac Electric Power Company (Pepco). All 18,000 of us are committed to delivering safe, reliable and affordable energy to our customers, strengthening our communities, supporting a clean energy future and reducing our impact on the changing climate.
Our people are the heart and soul of our business. Whether it’s powering lives, supporting communities or collaborating with colleagues, an Exelon employee is talented, compassionate, forward-thinking and inspired. We are empowered to evolve and advance our careers in an open and inclusive environment. We pride ourselves on being the kind of place where people want to come and stay. We know that investing in our employees’ futures strengthens ours, which is why we offer competitive compensation, incentives and health and retirement benefits.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Implementation of the Supply Chain Process, inventory management, and investment recovery processes and programs.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Support quality and cost objectives by developing and implementing sourcing strategies that ensure the total cost of materials and services purchased have considerable value and minimal risk. Support and perform activities that successfully implement the Supply Chain Process. Support quality and cost objectives by developing and implementing sourcing strategies that ensure the total cost of materials and services purchased have considerable value and minimize risk. (10%)
- Support the implementation of inventory management and investment recovery practices; support the maintenance and analysis of inventory performance measures and the planning and forecasting of inventory levels; and support investment recovery efforts. (10%)
- Support Category Managers and perform activities to source, manage, maintain, and implement contracts and purchase orders and the associated databases; and with supplier performance monitoring (15%)
- Support and perform day to day process resolution including: un-enterable invoices, supplier changes and adds, unit of measure changes, economies of scale identification and changes. Investigate and correct issues associated with mismatch invoices; contracts, purchase orders, deliveries, shipping, expediting orders, quality, and receiving. (30%)
- Support and implement the process that monitors and reports out on supplier performance trends, savings opportunities and achieved, discounts, and settlement agreements. (25%)
- Manage and implement the process that controls changes to customer requirements on material requests, purchase requisitions, purchase orders, contracts, vendor exceptions, receiving reconciliation, engineering specifications, category IDs, and business unit disputes with the suppliers, deviations from normal Supply processes, and emergent requests. (10%)
- Support the Business Units’ Emergency Response activities as assigned
- Support the work plan and outage schedule requirements for material and services requirements.
- Actively participate on change management, commodity strategy and procurement teams representing material availability to ensure compliance to Supply Chain Management operational goals.
- Manage sourcing activities related to the purchase of materials or services.
- Implementation of the Strategic Sourcing objectives and alliance partnerships to ensure consistent quality of material and timely delivery, price savings, and overall supply chain improvements.
- Maintenance of a qualified supplier pool is available.
- Communicates across business units, with Suppliers, and other stakeholders to successfully source and purchase materials and services.
- Oversees the Implementation of supply chain monitoring activities through the use of performance indicators and trend analysis; the mitigation of supply chain risk and the resolution of supply process issue resolution. Oversees the implementation of supplier performance monitoring and associated performance improvement initiatives. Manages complex, high dollar purchasing activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing, finance or related field with five (5) years experience or High School diploma or equivalent, with nine (9) years of experience.
- Strong PC and computer skills (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Passport, Hyperion).
- Strong communicator, written and oral, with strengths in organization, planning and negotiation skills
- Strong analytical skills.
- Working knowledge of the Inventory, Purchasing, and Accounts Payable modules of Passport (Purchasing, Contracts, and Action Tracking); and eSourcing tool.
- Understanding of commodities, suppliers, market alignments and supply concepts and technical and non-technical clients.