Signify is the global leader in lighting products, systems and services, transforming how lighting is used to enhance the human experience in the places where people live and work.
Signify, the new company name of Philips Lighting, is the global leader in lighting building on 125+ years of innovations.
Our purpose is to unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world.
We are proud to be ahead of the game in the Internet of Things and on track to be carbon neutral by 2020. We learn through disruptive challenges and our performance is powered through our diverse teams. Our Philips products, Interact connected lighting systems and data-enabled services transform people’s lives in homes, buildings and public spaces.
We define the meaning of light…join us to #findyourmeaning @ Signify!
We are looking for a Product Marketing Manager LED & Lamps that translate marketing strategy/plans into a business plan and bridge the business offerings with the local market requirements.
Together we can…
- Collects and analysis market information and defines existing market target groups.
- Formulates the specification of new products based on available technology, components and existing market situation in order to have new products available on short term.
- Translates a general product plan into clear detailed product specifications for development.
- Able to set, activate, maintain and correct the pricing strategy for the designed product portfolio. Including analysis & corrective actions in cooperation with marketing and sales
- Develops sustainable relationships with customers and partners by triggering an effective and profound dialogue with a win-win mindset (profitable solutions for all). Gains credibility by creating positive long term impact
- Identifies problems in a product or a proposition based on close monitoring of the performance and comes up with solutions that can mitigate the issues collaborating with relevant teams
- Develop forecasting for new products based on intimate market knowledge as well as assist in forecasting of established products
- Support and train sales team including direct customer visits and training
- Determine and implement pricing strategy for new and mature products
- Assist in supporting and closing significant business opportunities in collaboration with sales team
- Bachelor’s degree is required ideally in business administration or engineering or related discipline. An MBA is strongly preferred.
- 5+ years of in-depth knowledge in product positioning, pricing, distribution, service and promotion plan to positively impact market share, sales target, margin, business penetration beyond the technical characteristics of the product.
- Preferably 1+ years of experience working in a global set-up connecting the marketing & sales with product management functions.
- 3 years in market/customer facing operations: B2B, and B2C – different go-to-market models
- Experience analyzing the market including customer needs, application requirements, and technological advancements to prepare for roadmap development is required
- Experience developing business cases to justify new product development is required
- Fluent English