Facebook is the largest social media network, enabling over a billion users to openly connect with friends and family, share content, and discover the world.
We believe strongly in providing a safe experience for people, and ensuring people have access to transparent and credible information. We’re building a team of experienced Consumer Product Marketing Managers to help drive these objectives forward, taking a people-first approach to our Integrity and Transparency products, education, and messaging. These are highly cross-functional work-streams in which you will partner closely with our Policy, Communications, Public Affairs, Integrity and Privacy teams across our family of apps, and leadership across the company.We are a group of collaborative marketers who are passionate about our work. If you are a strategic marketer who is analytical and creative, cares deeply about the intersection of products and society, crafts compelling messages, and excels at leading complex projects in fast-paced environments, then we’d love to meet you.
Consumer Product Marketing Manager, Data Transparency Responsibilities:
- Help drive awareness of our Data Transparency products (e.g. Facebook Open Research & Transparency) to improve the visibility and credibility of the work that keeps our platforms safe for user expression and building trust with key constituents.
- Bring our work to life with educational and engaging marketing strategies and content, and inform product strategy and positioning with insights.
- Plan, lead and collaborate with cross-functional teams (including public affairs, product, policy, communications, legal and other marketing teams) to deliver strategic initiatives that help target audiences better understand our policies, processes and impact of our actions.
- Manage GTM and launch moments for major Data Transparency products, policy updates, and other efforts.
- Partner with Insights and Decision Science teams to drive ongoing and iterative message testing efforts in order to ensure messaging is optimized to meet the needs of people’s better understanding of complex Integrity and Transparency topics.
- Tackle complex and highly visible, sensitive issues with a strategic and analytical mindset, creating thoughtful recommendations and action plans.
- Masterfully lead and communicate up/down/across organization to ensure transparency and alignment.
- Manage high priority, fast moving decisions and communication planning.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience in marketing.
- 5+ years of experience in Product or Brand Marketing, Public Affairs and/or Public Policy Marketing.
- Experience working with product, marketing, research/analytics and communications teams, both internally and externally.
- Experience leveraging consumer insights to craft messaging and creative executions.
- Experience leading marketing strategy, planning and execution in a technical product environment.
- Experience managing programs spanning multiple cross-functional groups within a complex organization.
- Experience partnering with product teams to identify and bring to market solutions, including driving product launch strategies and ongoing lifecycle/engagement marketing.
- Experience utilizing data to drive strategy, goals and influence across all levels of an organization.
- MBA or MA in Public Policy or Social Sciences.
- Direct experience in marketing for brand trust or reputation work.
- Experience in academic research and/or the intersection of public policy and technology.
- Experience in building and supporting product solutions for highly regulated industries.
- Experience in policy, politics, or media.
- Experience in project or program management.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.