Job title: Technical Support Manager
Company: Oxford Instruments
Job description: Role Details
Technical Support Manager
China Services Business Manager
Technical Support Engineers
Be responsible for daily operation management of service support center, including call center/expert center/repair center. Drive operation excellence to improve team productivity and customer satisfaction level
- Establish and continue optimize the technical level 1 and level 2 support for the customers and service engineers. Oversee workflow from customer call in to service ticket closure, optimize process and digital tools usage to improve customer satisfaction level, operation efficiency, employee engagement and accountability.
- Work as liaison point, to establish strong connection among service engineer, sales, and business units, to establish Oxford Instruments’ technology leadership and customer success, through building a holistic technical support, escalation process and by leading a senior technology team.
- By building internal resource and leveraging future technologies, to establish an industry leading customer remote support capability and support across business units in Oxford Instruments.
- Establish and continue expand Oxford Instruments in China bench repair & service hub capability across business units, and meet related revenue growth and margin improvement target
- Work with cross business unit service functions and service operation team, develop and deliver the service engineer training program, to enable the “T-shaped” service capability across the country to improve customer experience, customer service delivery quality, turnaround time and improve internal efficiency.
- Technical support team capability & team member development
- Networking in the industry to support future technology innovation & service capabilities
Indicative Performance Measure
- Customer satisfaction for on-line/remote support cases
- Effectiveness of training programs
- Escalation closure TAT
- Bench repair centre revenue & margin
- Overall OI service revenue & margin
Person Specification – Essential requirements unless stated
Education / Qualifications:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree, major in physics related
Professional Skills/ Abilities:
- At least 10 years experiences in customer service, 5 years as managerial role.
- Solid knowledge and insightful in technology in related fields.
- Good understanding of customer requirements and how to use equipment to best effect to demonstrate this.
- Integrity, accountable, willing-to take challenge and go extra miles
- Fluent English (spoken and written)
- Customer Focus – with a sound appreciation of the current and future requirements of internal and external customers. Establishes and exploits good, mutually beneficial customer relationships. Places customer satisfaction as the highest priority
- Influencing – Builds long term relationships of trust and influence with a wide range of internal and external contacts. Operates effectively within ambiguous and sensitive contexts. Skilled at growing business networks, holding respect of peers, clients and competitors
- Management and organisation – Plans own time and time of others to maximise effectiveness
- Communication – Able to liaise effectively with Sales, Marketing and development teams. Uses all communication skills effectively in both one-to-one and group situations. Able to articulate technical or complex issues clearly and succinctly. Adjusts style of communication according to the needs of the audience.
- Pro-activity – Identifies and takes advantage of opportunities to achieve (and exceed) business objectives. Initiates actions to develop new and better ways of working, using past experience and any mistakes as positive opportunities for improvement.
Location: Beijing – Shanghai
Job posting date: Sat, 02 Dec 2023 05:26:02 GMT
Apply for the job now!