Job title: NAEP 2024 – Assessment Administrator – ZPH526
Job description: Westat is currently seeking motivated individuals who are committed to excellence and are experienced in working with primary and secondary school students to work as assessment administrators for the 2024 National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP).
This opportunity is ideal for retired educators and others who are comfortable working with children.
NAEP is the largest nationally representative and continuing assessment of what students in the United States know and can do in various subject areas.
The primary role of the NAEP Assessment Administrator is to conduct assessment sessions in participating schools. In addition to conducting the assessments, assessment administrators also assist with other assessment-related activities and work with assessment coordinators to prepare for the assessments.
Assessments are conducted at grades 4, 8, and 12 in public and private schools. NAEP 2024 will also include a pilot test that will explore new items, including the transition to new devices.
To protect the health and safety of field staff, school staff, and students, COVID-19 vaccinations will be required for jurisdictions or schools that require it, and regular testing and use of PPE may be required.
If required, field employees hired on NAEP 2024 must provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon hire, and they must follow all safety protocols, subject to approved accommodations under applicable law.
Candidates must :
– Be 18 or older (or an emancipated minor) with the ability to enter binding confidentiality agreements to protect project information;
– Be a U.S. citizen;
– Be able to successfully complete asynchronous general employment training (approximately 5 hours) from December 18 through December 22, 2023;*
– Be able to successfully complete asynchronous online assessment training in early January 2024;* and
– Be available to successfully attend a 1- to 2-day, in-person meeting that will be scheduled between January 5 to January 26, 2024.*
– Training dates may be subject to changes.
– Be available to work for the specified field period of December 18, 2023, to March 8, 2024;
– Be available to work up to 20-30 hours per week when work is available;
– Be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations : Lift and carry study materials and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds to and from the vehicle to the school;
Climb a flight of stairs while carrying equipment / materials; andBe able to move around the room to monitor assessment activities and respond to students’ questions.
– Have regular and reliable access to telephone service with a long-distance calling feature, either landline or cellular;
– Have reliable access to a computer with an internet connection to complete training modules over several consecutive hours, including the ability to access audio files either through speakers or a headset;
– Have regular and reliable access to an insured vehicle or have reliable transportation to ensure on-time arrival at the assigned schools (for certain approved metropolitan areas only);
– Have a valid (current) driver’s license that is not under suspension (except in certain metropolitan areas); and
– Have a high school diploma or GED.
– Ability to adjust to new systems and technologies.
– Ability and willingness to collaborate with a team.
– Ability to read, write, and communicate effectively in English.
– Have strong interpersonal skills.
– Have basic computer proficiency, particularly in accessing the internet and using email, Microsoft Word, and Excel.
– Be self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented.
– Be flexible in working assigned tasks.
– Be willing to travel within the assigned region to complete project work. Overnight travel assignments are available.
Any offer of employment may be contingent upon receipt of acceptable results from a post-offer background screening, if required for the specific position, which may include, for example, identity verification, employment history, motor vehicle driving record history, and criminal or sexual offender records history.
The hourly rate for this position is dependent on geographic location and level of experience. The hourly rate for this location ranges from $19.00 to $20.00.
This is a part-time variable hour, non-exempt position. This position is eligible for overtime pay. This position is not initially eligible for health insurance.
All field positions accrue sick leave (based on hours worked) and are eligible to participate in the 401(k) program (employer matching is dependent on hours worked and disbursement is subject to program rules).
Upon successful completion of this assignment, you will be eligible for consideration for reassignment on other Westat field data collection projects if they become available.
Working on this study can be a fascinating, rewarding experience. If you are a reliable self-starter, this position may be right for you.
Westat is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, or any other protected status under applicable law.
Job posting date: Sat, 13 Jan 2024 23:50:27 GMT
Apply for the job now!