Job title: Joint Procurement Manager – Theme Park PMC
Job description: We are WSP – Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you’ll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP Middle East are currently looking for a Joint Procurement Manager for a Programme Management and Construction Management of Theme Park projects in KSA. Your new role, what’s involved?
- Develop a procurement strategy, sourcing, and procurement plans to be implemented across the business.
- Manage preferred supplier partnerships, monitor performance, and ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Lead the joint procurement team, focusing on a “best for project” procurement approach. Each package is assigned a target budget and a well-defined delivery schedule.
- Articulate with the ability to present/report on progress to an Executive Leadership Team.
- Possess an open-minded approach to procurement with the ability to drive processes to a successful conclusion.
- Lead the joint procurement of all subcontracts working in collaboration with the Contractor, the Client, and the CMC leading the PMC in a best-for-project procurement strategy.
- Make recommendations on policies and procedures as needed to ensure the success and compliance of all procurement-related activities.
- Support managers as required on their product requirements.
- Manage and review documents for the procurement of all supplies, equipment, and services and ensure compliance with the Procurement Policy and Procedures Manual, as well as applicable local laws.
- Work with the Commercial and Bidding Team and respective Prospect Directors to ensure the evaluations of proposals, offers, and bids are in accordance with internal policy and external local laws while selecting the best supplier.
- Work closely with the Commercial team to ensure the best practices are being adopted in the management of key suppliers/partners.
- Ensure we conform to the highest standards (ethical, social diversity, and environmental) in both the way we work and the goods and services that are procured.
- Contribute to the delivery of the program in a timely, efficient, sustainable, and safe manner while achieving commercial targets, meeting client expectations, and enhancing the reputation of the business.
- Oversee the administration and communication of all elements of contractual terms and conditions from the proposal stage through contract close-out and audit.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 20 years of experience, including 10 years in the Middle East, working within a contractor’s procurement team or leading the procurement process for an international consultancy in the region.
- Preferably CIPS Member status or MRICS/MCIOB.
- JPM will have experience of a collaborative approach to contracting and will have a strong personality but balanced with a team approach philosophy.
- Experience on Theme Park projects is essential.
- Experience with legal aspects of contracting as well as contract management.
- Previous experience in a similar organization and system development.
- Recognized Procurement/Commercial/Construction qualification (or working towards).
- Process-driven, focus on detail, and enjoy working with data.
- High standard of Microsoft Excel including V-Lookups & Pivot Tables.
- The ability to interpret project requirements and procedures.
- Experience leading and supervising as the technical specialist on projects.
- Demonstrable experience in carrying out witness inspection and testing of systems and conducting detailed reporting.
- The ability to coordinate multiple activities in a logical and orderly manner.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with clients, consultants, contractors, and colleagues.
What’s in it for you?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy – we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. Apply now and be the future of WSP!
WSP is one of the world’s leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic.
Job posting date: Thu, 11 Jan 2024 23:29:39 GMT
Apply for the job now!