Currently powering 20,000 retail locations and growing, we are designed for the complexities of wireless retail.
What We Do:
iQmetrix’s intelligent retail management software is designed to power sales of connected devices. Our best-in-class software is built around enabling retailers to deliver a buy-anywhere strategy for a consistent customer experience—in-store, online, and anywhere else. iQmetrix’s retail management solutions powered $15.5BN in sales last year, and are used by 425,000 retail professionals across 1,200-plus clients. We are a privately held software-as-a-service (SaaS) company with offices across Canada and the US. Learn more at iQmetrix.com.
How We Do It:
We are on aself-managementjourney. As we work to move away from the restrictions ofhierarchy, teams are building collaborative peer-based networks where there are no bosses. Decisions are meant to be distributed to the people who are best able to make the decisions which means more freedom for individuals to contribute at their highest levels. We are purpose-driven, helping individuals connect to the meaning in their day-to-day work. Additionally, we are currently on the road to building a diverse and inclusive environment. Working atiQmetrixmeans always looking at ways to be better.
Reports To: Director of SRE
As a hands-on lead of the Database Administration and Operation team, you will help set the direction of database platforms and provide top-notch support to our clients, developers, and support personnel at iQmetrix. You manage a team of 5 Database Administrators. You will help us keep our database platforms running smoothly and efficiently by utilizing your existing knowledge to troubleshoot and maintain the environment, while continuing to improve yourself, enhance the team, it’s methods and tooling.
- Manage the workload and professional growth of the DBA team.
- Manage many SQL instances and Availability Groups.
- Support and monitor the existing SQL Server databases.
- Write, tune, and review SQL queries and stored procedures.
- Proactively determine storage requirements. Regularly reviewing forecast reports to ensure that our SQL Server databases have the storage capacity to handle continual growth, and that sufficient resources are available to meet needs around unforeseen events.
- Ensuring our databases are kept secure by enforcing our security policies and practicing a minimal permissions policy wherever possible.
- Participate in and communicate a disaster recovery plan.
- Performing SQL Server and operating system patching throughout the environment.
- Maintenance of MongoDB instances.
- Reviewing the next version of database software for migration paths.
- Stay current with the latest database technologies and trends.
- Mentor and support other team members in DBA roles.
- Participate in the on-call rotation, including providing break-fix support and scheduled out of hours work
- 5+ years of people management experience.
- 8+ years of experience with SQL Server. (SQL 2012 and newer)
- Experience with public cloud such as Azure and/or AWS
- Some experience with MongoDB, Redis, Cosmos DB
- PowerShell scripting.
- T-SQL expertise.
- A formal educational background in computer science or software engineering is an asset.
- Familiarity with software release cycles is an asset.
- Additional skills in C# / Azure Pipelines / SSIS or ADF a strong asset.
- Experience with SQL Server replication an asset.
- You can motivate and inspire people to learn and always strive to raise the bar.
- You are process oriented.
- You have lived and breathed databases, especially SQL Server, for many years.
- You have no technology favourites and simply want to select the right tool for the job.
- You are friendly, approachable, patient, and always available to answer questions.
- You are reliable, accountable, and you take full ownership of everything you do.
- You are curious about modern technologies and are quick to understand their pros and cons.
- You act quickly to solve production issues and employ proactive monitoring to act on problems before they arise.
- You are independent with a high degree of initiative but, are a skilled team player as well.
- You love documentation and sharing them with the rest of the team.
- You are organised and process oriented.
- You love automation and always work towards eliminating manual repetitive work
What is aniQer?
AniQeris aterm, used daily across alliQmetrixlocations, is someone who works foriQmetrix. Sounds simple, but there’s more to being aniQerthan meets the eye!
If you’re aniQer, you approach problems with humility and an open mind. You’re a go-getter who doesn’t wait around to be told what do to. Whether it’s on your own or with a team, you aren’t afraid to try new things, fail, succeed, and improve along the way. Your team, the company, and the well-being of others come before your personal agenda—you’re an ally to your colleagues and the community.
The world changes fast and, as aniQer, you’re ready to adapt. You recognize diversity in the world, listen to others, and consider all perspectives.
Want to Join the Team?
If you’re interested in a career withiQmetrix, please submit your resume and cover letter. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race,faith, colour,cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are a hybrid work environment, remote and in-office for all employees in an office city.