State Street is a leading provider of financial services to institutional investors around the world.
Who we are looking for
This role will involve working specifically within the Shareholder Services team within SSGA Europe Limited Operations. As part of a team with varied strengths the key function of role is to act as central point of contact for clients contracted with SSGA Europe Limited to coordinate and / or implement investment instructions on clients’ behalf with respect to their SSGA portfolios. The role holder will preferably have worked in the Financial services/Funds industry previously, have excellent numerical skills, be a good teammate and able to work on your own initiative. You should be high reaching and motivated to succeed. As the key contact point a successful candidate will be encouraged to work with excellent levels of accuracy to deliver high quality support to the business each and every single day. Person will report to Manager Shareholder Services. This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors, one of the biggest asset managers in the world, that provides services to the world’s governments, institutions and financial advisors across the globe. With over four decades of experience and trillions of dollars in assets under management, we offer one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. As pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest.
Join us if making your mark in the asset management industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Operations Client Service you will
- Supporting EMEA shareholder queries in a timely, accurate and client oriented manner.
- Support the overall day to day operations of Shareholder services including:
- Ensuring all instructions received from Clients are aligned with SSGA’s instruction procedures and security controls.
- Reviewing, processing and authorization of subscription and redemption activity into systems.
- Investigation of any reconciliation exceptions related to subs and reds activity.
- Providing Portfolio Management with accurate information on daily subscription/redemption activity
- Anti-money laundering controls.
- Data analysis and report design.
- Ongoing implementation and maintenance of standard operating processes and procedures.
- Support a culture of effective challenge to evolve daily operational processes, recommend and implement changes and deliver continuous improvement.
- Support our governance and oversight responsibilities.
- Participate in key projects local or corporate led to improve efficiencies and re-evaluate processes.
- Maintain the highest standards of conduct and integrity within the business and ensure compliance with industry practice, company policies, statute and regulatory requirements in all matters.
- Collaborate with team members in other sites to ensure that operating model is consistent and to share standard methodology.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- You will have strong analytical skills and a positive organised approach to investigating queries and exceptions.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written interpersonal skills and willingness to communicate with colleagues at all levels of the organisation.
- You will be able to work confidently both independently and as part of a team.
- You have the ability to plan and run multiple priorities and tasks with the skills to adapt and be flexible to change in a delivery focused, deadline driven environment
- You are willing to assume responsibility and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Strong MS Excel skills preferable.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- 3-4 years of robust industry experience within Investment Operations or Transfer Agency function is desirable.
- Industry experience within Transfer Agency, Custody and Fund Accounting operations is a strong advantage
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) with a financial or analytical discipline preferred.
- Very good English, other languages an advantage.
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street Global Advisors
What We Do. As the asset management arm of State Street Corporation, State Street Global Advisors has served the world’s governments, institutions and financial advisors for over four decades. With a rigorous, risk-aware approach built on research, analysis and market-tested experience, we build from a breadth of active and index strategies to create cost-effective solutions. As stewards, we help portfolio companies see that what is fair for people and sustainable for the planet can deliver long-term performance. And, as pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest. As a result, we have become one of the world’s largest asset managers with trillions of dollars under our care.
Our Mission. At State Street Global Advisors our mission is to invest responsibly to enable economic prosperity and social progress. We are driven by a desire to help our clients, and those who rely on them, achieve a better future. We have a long history of developing innovative investment strategies to provide our clients with reliable and transparent returns, cost-effectively, and without excessive risk.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to Flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Company: State Street Global Advisors