You can make a difference by working at BNY Mellon, where finance, technology and business intersect, to power the global financial industry.
For over 235 years, Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) has been at the center of the global financial markets, providing the world’s leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive investors. We power individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management.
With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level. The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting, investment operations and technology.
Our organizational culture stands on solid values – Integrity, Strength in Diversity, Passion for Excellence and Courage to Lead. Our guiding principles drive us to always do what’s right, helping everyone feel included on the way, to take the risks necessary to lead and get things done.
Alternative Investment Servicing (AIS) Operations consist of variety of teams servicing functional areas such as Trade Capture, Middle Office, Reconciliation, Cash processing, and Documents Management. Teams assist the research and resolution of general and basic operational issues regarding fund administration, follows procedures to complete day-to-day tasks.
The Trade Capture group process and review a wide diversification of trades at a high level of accuracy within a controlled environment. Being part of our Trade Capture team your day-to-day tasks will be related, but not limited to:
- trade processing for assigned funds using both automated and manual processing procedures,
- preparing and ensuring that daily trade file is completed and accurate,
- monitoring exception reports to identify and resolve errors,
- working closely with other team members to ensure day-to-day tasks associated with customer deliverables are performed in a timely and accurate manner,
- assisting with the completion of client requests and generates reports to meet client and internal needs,
- reconciliation of trades booked to trade blotters,
- verification of computer input, reconciliation of trades booked to trade blotters,
- ensuring compliance with all internal policies, department guidelines, and external regulation
If you like:
- Working in a group
- Practice your English
- Develop your analytical skills
- Comparing information from different sources to make decisions
- Working in dynamic work environment with exposure to deadlines
- Working with Excel
- A minimum of 1-2 years of relevant work experience
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office Package
- Ability to work under pressure while consistently meeting tight deadlines.
- Strong multitasking skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with data consistency and correctness
- Ability to work as part of the team
- Pro-active and highly motivated – goal orientated and driven to find resolution of problems
- Ability to adapt to change
- Proactive in self-training
- Technical knowledge how financial instruments works – both listed and unlisted. Instrument types include, but are not limited to, equities, options, contracts for difference (CFD’s), equity swaps, futures, forward contracts, bonds, interest rate swaps and credit default swaps would be beneficial
- Confident personality, acting as a liaison with Front Office and client/ counterparties – very good customer service skills
- An in-depth technical knowledge of middle office and/or back office procedures gained within a cross-product operations role would be beneficial
- Participation in projects & students organizations are additional asset
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world’s financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It’s the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.