You can make a difference by working at BNY Mellon, where finance, technology and business intersect, to power the global financial industry.
Who we are:
As a Global Investments Company, BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments, and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world’s financial assets. Every day, our Technology employees make this happen while also seeking out new ways to do it more efficiently and effectively.
As part of BNY Mellon’s global Technology organization, you’ll have the opportunity to engage with some of the best and brightest, technology, business, and financial minds to find new and better ways to exceed our clients’ expectations and build the future of financial services. With more than 230 years of industry leading experience under our belts, you might even say that we are the original fintech.
At BNY Mellon, cybersecurity is a top priority for both technology and the business. The members of the Information Security Division are on constant alert, using their creativity and knowledge of cybersecurity, technology, and business processes to develop and deliver creative solutions. In this fast-paced environment, staff collaborate to respond to current risks, while identifying and anticipating future threats. Our cyber capabilities encompass the full spectrum of services from Cyber Operations (SOC, Cyber Threat Intelligence, Vulnerability Management, Cyber Incident Response, Penetration Testing & Red Teaming, Cyber Analytics & Fraud, and Insider threat) to Cyber Architecture and Engineering (Network, Platform, Cloud, and Applications Security). Together with the CISO and his leadership team, staff provide a robust set of cyber services that provide full scope protection and response capabilities across the BNY Mellon enterprise. We help our businesses, the bank’s executive team, and our board of directors understand cybersecurity risk and the steps that must be taken to create and maintain a secure environment that drives innovation.
What you will be doing:
- Work with senior and corporate management roles to develop controls related to information security and ensure their effectiveness.
- Assigned business/business partner areas are large and highly complex. Incumbents demonstrate extensive knowledge of information security best practices and a specialized understanding of the assigned business/business partner areas control and information security environment.
- Has a conceptual understanding of the specific risks that exist within the assigned business/business partner area and how these risks may be addressed.
- Recognized throughout the organization as the information security point of contact for a particular business/business partner area and business risk appetite.
- Assist senior management and may lead the execution and delivery of business information security initiatives specific to the business/business partner area. In partnership with management, establishes the information security strategy for the business/business partner area and is accountable for ensuring the implementation of that strategy.
- Leverage complex risk control techniques to achieve business objectives.
- Develop and sustains an information security-aware culture and mindset among employees, contractors, and service providers.
- Address information security-awareness issues with contractors, temps, and more junior team members to ensure they reach an appropriate level of awareness of security issues and their responsibilities.
- Identify and advise management on existing and potential information security-awareness deficiencies. Leads the execution and delivery of business information security initiatives specific to a business/business partner area.
- Delegate information security duties to more junior team members.
- Develops and leads the implementation of strategies to reduce the likelihood of reputational and regulatory impacts due to non-compliance with the Banks information security policies and standards, including local procedures specific to the business/business partner area.
- Uses existing strategic relationships to influence at all levels of the organization. Leads negotiations/interactions with other business units, operations and technology, legal and compliance staff.
- Collaborates with other stakeholders and develops and influences their decisions.
- Leads work resulting from these decisions. Partners directly with business continuity coordinators to develop disaster test scenarios and methods for managing the resulting hypothetical issues.
- Responsible for overseeing the activities of more junior team members and providing guidance to improve their performance.
- Oversees, advises, and guides less experienced Business Information Security roles and may direct their work. Responsibilities are primarily specialized to address the information security management needs of a particular business/business partner area and business risk appetite. However, tasks often produce cross-regional impacts.
- Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required
- 7-10 years of experience in information risk preferred
- Experience in financial services is preferred
- Certified Information Security Management (CISM) or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) security certification preferred
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world’s financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It’s the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.