You can make a difference by working at BNY Mellon, where finance, technology and business intersect, to power the global financial industry.
Fund Compliance Job Description
The position will be in the Fund Chief Compliance Officer Group which supports a Fund Compliance Program for the BNY Mellon Family of Funds and BNY Mellon Funds Trust (collectively, “Funds”) to satisfy SEC Rule 38a-1 of the Investment Company Act. The Funds ($350 billion AUM) are advised by BNY Mellon Investment Adviser, an indirect subsidiary of Bank of New York Mellon Corporation.
The position is based in New York, will report to the Deputy Fund Chief Compliance Officer within the group and work with other compliance professionals in the group.
- Analyze Fund Service Providers’ Compliance Programs:
- Perform reviews of Service Provider policies and procedures (20%)
- Due diligence of Service Provider procedures (20%)
- Assist in review of compliance reports, questionnaires, certifications and other documents received from Service Providers (20%)
- Perform periodic risk and compliance assessments of policies and procedures (20%)
- Develop and perform testing procedures (10%)
- Maintain due diligence documentation for group (10%)
Qualifications should include:
- BS Or Year’s of experience equivalent
- At least 7-10 years of related experience (with at least 5 years of investment adviser or investment company compliance experience)
- Previous compliance experience working for a Fund CCO preferable.
- Previous experience performing due diligence of investment advisers a plus.
- Previous compliance experience at a registered investment adviser acceptable.
- Experience in internal audit at financial services firm a plus if in combination with above compliance experience.
- Strong knowledge of SEC regulation of investment advisers and investment companies with strong understanding of mutual funds.
- Ability to modify Compliance Program to changes in regulatory or corporate requirements.
- Prior experience in oversight of written policies and procedures.
- Knowledge and understanding of SEC Rule 206(4)-7 for advisers and SEC Rule 38a-1 for investment companies.
- Ability to interface effectively with BNY Mellon Corporate partners, BNY Mellon Legal, Investment Managers and other Service Providers.
- A proactive, self-starter work style and able to interact with people with varied personalities and work styles.
- Candidate must have excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
- Candidate must have strong PC skills (Office) and ability to interface effectively on systems issues.
- Travel required for on-site due diligence visits.
- Hybrid Model Work Schedule
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world’s financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It’s the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.