Cerner Security is adding a Patrol Officer to the team! As part of our physical security team, you will provide front-line security and ensure the ongoing safety and protection for Cerner Associates, guests, and assets across our campus locations. You will monitor Cerner security devices and systems as well as other critical facility applications. You will ensure proper security and safety standards are maintained for parking areas, buildings, and grounds. In this job, you will respond to reported incidents and complete pertinent documentation. You will create reports, provide emergency medical assistance, and vehicle assistance. Apply today to help keep Cerner a safe place!
- At least 2 years of total combined higher education and related work experience including:
- At least 1 year of physical security work experience
- At least 1 year of higher education and/or additional work experience directly related to the duties of the job
- High School diploma
- Willing to work additional or irregular hours as needed and allowed by local regulations
- Work in accordance with corporate and organizational security policies and procedures, understand personal role in safeguarding corporate and client assets, and take appropriate action to prevent and report any compromises of security within scope of position
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
- Ability to work holidays
- Willing to work flexible schedule as needed
- Willing to work outdoors in all kinds of weather
- Ability to sit, stand and walk for long periods of time including climbing stairs
- Operate company vehicles, radios or assigned equipment
- Successful completion of a psychological examination
- Ability to obtain Private Officer Commission depending on organizational assignment.
- This includes being able to pass an in-depth background check through the Commission
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Cerner Corporation must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
As a condition of employment, all US-based employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious exemption is approved.
Some Cerner positions may be obligated to comply with additional client-facing requirements and occupational health requests, including but not limited to, an immunization set, an annual flu shot, an annual TB screen, an updated background check, and/or an updated drug screen.
Cerner is a place where people are encouraged to innovate with confidence and focus on what is important – people’s health and the care they receive. We are transforming health care by developing tools and technologies that make it more efficient for care providers and patients to navigate the complexity of our health. From single offices to entire countries, Cerner solutions are licensed at more than 25,000 facilities in over 35 countries.
Cerner’s policy is to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. Cerner is proud to be a drug-free workplace.